i need help and i got a big question

clowns94

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok peeps i need to know something yesterday i found my g rosea and it was curled up i put it in my hand and it wouldn't move it was still alive so i put it next to its water bowl and all if did was move it's fangs all around the bowl and then all of a sudden it started walking weirdly backwards and it would curl up i then it walked forward weirdly i don't know what is wrong what do u think is wrong with my g rosea

After3Days

Arachnosquire
ok peeps i need to know something yesterday i found my g rosea and it was curled up i put it in my hand and it wouldn't move it was still alive so i put it next to its water bowl and all if did was move it's fangs all around the bowl and then all of a sudden it started walking weirdly backwards and it would curl up i then it walked forward weirdly i don't know what is wrong what do u think is wrong with my g rosea
It was Curled Up? May be molting? Post some pics..

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It was Curled Up? May be molting? Post some pics..
Curled up doesn't represent molting. It usually means the death curl, but it may have just been scrunched up and being the pet rock that G.rosea are, didn't move when you touched it.

The best thing to do would be to get some pictures. Was it upside down?

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
im thinking 2 things

(1) (if its on its back) its molting best to leave it alone NO bothering it

(2) deathcurl (not all the time killing) pictures would help

After3Days

Arachnosquire
Curled up doesn't represent molting. It usually means the death curl, but it may have just been scrunched up and being the pet rock that G.rosea are, didn't move when you touched it.

The best thing to do would be to get some pictures. Was it upside down?

Ow sorry. :)

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Seeing as the OP didn't say anything about the T being on its back. I'm going to assume that the T is extremely dehydrated. Of course pics would be very helpful.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Two days later and still no response from the OP... :?

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Clowns94 -

If you're still monitoring this thread, read and heed http://people.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/icu10.html.

DO IT NOW!

And, never give up on a tarantula until it begins to smell dead. These creatures seem to have amazing abilities to resurrect themselves if given even half a chance.

Best of luck.

clowns94

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok i think she was dehydrated even though i keep a water dish in her cage thing but i put her in an icu and the next day she was movin around perfectly