I need Help about Baby Scorpions Pandinus imperator Mother died

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look, I think ours were born about the same time... mine have molted 2x since leaving moms back... They are in 75* constant and kept moist but not soaking.... if it starts drying out i get it wet again.. but not so much as to still water lying around.. all 30 of them are doing fine.. (other than 1 i can't find, but it's a tunnel system that runs pretty deep) I seperated them into 10 packs to better keep track of them eating and molting, and next time they molt i'll split them up into 5's and get them ready to sell (by that time, it will be nicer shipping weather).

Overall. the simpler you keep things the better.. too wet is just as bad as too dry... sometimes things just don't thrive... I always have a gecko or 2 that just doesn't live.... the hatchling mate will be fine, eating, pooping and growing.. and then, one of them just decides he doesn't eat or poop.. and dies.... they're simple organisms... and they do this.. and the ones that don't survive (especially in arachnids) becomes a meal for the ones that do.... all in all.... there's not much you can do but give them the best care you can possibly do.

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
yeah, I realize that some will just die and there is nothing we can do, I guess I am just taking it hard since this is the first time I had raise scorpion from the very beginning and image I will get use to it happening when I have more batches it will probably not even phase after a while . I like to think I have the tank at right temp and humidity I know its not to dry, but i like to thinks its not too wet either their is no standing water in the tank or extremely soaked.

If I am understanding you then your scorpions are at 3i, I know molting is not an exact science and very, but then should I be getting ready for mine to molt.

Nicd91

Arachnopeon
I'm having the same problem you did
The mother gave birth in April 30 and died the 3rd I just got her body out the tank I was wondering if i should put the baby's in a small container for now till they are a little bigger
Help would be nice I have no idea what to since the moms dead

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Holy necro thread Batman !

@Nicd91 see the links and advice posted in the beginning of this thread. It should hopefully get you on the right path.