I need everyones opinion

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sep 15, 2010 I purchase some inverts from someone here in AB. I told him to ship next monday (sep 20, 2010) because I will be out of town. Last Friday (Sep 17, 2010) I noticed that I made a mistake on my order. I copy and paste the wrong inverts that I want to buy. I know that the sp. that I want to buy from the seller is already sold because I talk to the other person who bought it. I sent the seller a pm asking for a refund since he has not sent the inverts yet.

He said that he will give me a refund but he will not refund the shipping because he already book the shipments (is this possible ? i never heard of this) and on top of that he said that I will get charge 4% from paypal when he returned me the money.

Instead of having all those deduction fees I decided to get one of the inverts and refund the rest because the money that I used to buy the other inverts was not mine. Me and my friend group buy from this seller. however, I bought the wrong sp that my friend wants, that is the reason I'm asking for a refund so that I can return the money that my friend gave me to purchase the sp. that he wants.

Today, the seller just sent me a message and he refuse to give me refund because he said that it has been days before I give him notice and he also said that he lost some costumer that are inquiring about the Invert that I bought. (this transaction is not even a week old, its only been 4 days since this happen)

I don't really know what to do at this point. Should I post a negative review or a complain ? I don't think I'm going to get a refund for a simple mistake I made. Also I have our email conversation if anyone wants to see it I can post it but I'm not sure where to post it right now. Thanks to all who are reading this

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Booking? Bull Imho.It is NOT hard to walk/drive/skip/take a go-ped to the post office.And charging YOU for the paypal fees? Pretty bad as well.Thats like selling something on here,and charging your customers the Paypal fees.(SHRUGS) I hope all works out for you though.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can prepay online for shipping. Not sure if you can get a refund for it, though. You should be refunded if you ask for a refund. I do not believe you're allowed to include a transaction fee as part of a purchase, not sure about refunds.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So you didnt get your spiders?

If you didnt get your spiders.. The seller should give you a full refund.. A refund for the cost of spiders & the cost of shipping..

You dont get charged for changing your mind.. If the seller hasnt shipped anything & sold the spiders you were suppose to buy to someone else.. Then he/she owes you a full refund..

You shouldnt be charged any paypal fees either.. That is a fee that the seller has to eat..

If you dont get a full refund.. I would post a negative & a warning for all other members so they dont deal with that seller..

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sometimes I go ahead and pay for the shipping label and print it off the day before shipment. If I couldn't get refunded for it I would expect the buyer to pay for it if they changed their mind. However, I only do it the night before so I don't think it would happen to me very often. I wouldn't print a label 3 days prior to shipment.

If the seller is trying to keep all of your money without giving you anything then I don't think that is fair.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
So you didnt get your spiders?

If you didnt get your spiders.. The seller should give you a full refund.. A refund for the cost of spiders & the cost of shipping..

You dont get charged for changing your mind.. If the seller hasnt shipped anything & sold the spiders you were suppose to buy to someone else.. Then he/she owes you a full refund..

You shouldnt be charged any paypal fees either.. That is a fee that the seller has to eat..

If you dont get a full refund.. I would post a negative & a warning for all other members so they dont deal with that seller..
I agree with this above. Since he isnt being negotiable with you on a simple mistake i would post a negetive review. Mistakes happen, typos happen. The fees sound pretty outragous to me. I would not want to deal with someone that is so unforgiving. Especialy since its a large order and it sounds like you bought from them before and would hope to do more business in the future. Thats not how you treat your good paying customers. :mad: Very interesting thread. I hope it works out some how..
-Doug

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
shipping can be purchased before the items are shipped. Im unsure weather or not that can be refunded to the seller. I TRULY do not believe that you should purchase items, then go back on that. suck it up and deal with it.IF the seller will work with you then that is great,(I WOULD). If i was in your situation I would try to talk to the seller, if the seller does not want to work for you then I WOULD give a Truthful review so no one else deals with this problem. When selling a product,whatever it may be, you should make your buyer happy whatever the cost. you should also make some money in the process, this is not the way to make money,,,,I BELIEVE THAT the seller should do whatever it takes to make you happy with the dealings with them. all in all,,,,,dont deal with them ever again. also be sure about what you are going to order before YOU commit to buying it aswell. this is just my opinion though.
~Aaron

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Let me tell you with 100% certainty that if a label that may or may not have been printed but NOT used is fully refundable to the shipper. The person is lying if he say it's not! They can request a refund or after a certain amount of days it is automatically refunded to whatever he used to pay. He hasn't shipped the inverts, you haven't recieved them, then he absolutely should refund EVERYTHING. FYI, what paypal charge is he even talking about? He gets charged when YOU pay him, NOT when he refunds you. As a matter of fact, if a partial refund is made then the fee to him gets adjusted to reflect the actually money he ended up with in the end. If he refunds the whole amount he is vharged NOTHING! I would write a review and make a complaint to paypal!!!

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that is the reason I made this thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=191511

I was going to talk to USPS about the shipping situation. I called them and they ask for a tracking number because they said that they could only help me if I have a tracking number.

I ask the seller if I can have a tracking number since he pre order it already. he told me that since its only priority i don't get a tracking number. I paid him 10 for priority, I have shipped in the past and 10 for priority is enough to buy a $1.70 tracking number IMO. besides I'm only purchasing 2 expensive scorps so the box won't be that big.

Also I have not receive anything. He supposed to ship them tomorrow but I already sent him a pm last Friday about this issue. I really thought his straight and refutable because some of the people that I trust with my money made deals with him in the past. that is why I decided to trust him and start a transaction with him. I did not expect that he will not be reasonable to me when I explained him my small mistake. I don't want to purchase anything from him but since he have my money I have no choice anymore.

I don't know if I will put a negative review because the transaction is not finish yet. I don't really know how to handle this situation.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Let me tell you with 100% certainty that if a label that may or may not have been printed but NOT used is fully refundable to the shipper. The person is lying if he say it's not! They can request a refund or after a certain amount of days it is automatically refunded to whatever he used to pay. He hasn't shipped the inverts, you haven't recieved them, then he absolutely should refund EVERYTHING. FYI, what paypal charge is he even talking about? He gets charged when YOU pay him, NOT when he refunds you. As a matter of fact, if a partial refund is made then the fee to him gets adjusted to reflect the actually money he ended up with in the end. If he refunds the whole amount he is vharged NOTHING! I would write a review and make a complaint to paypal!!!
I can't make complains because I sent it as a personal payment :(. he wants me to send it like that so that he will not get charge. when I ask for a refund he said that he will have to send it as business and I will get 4% charge to the total.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is a bunch of horse poo! You told the seller that you dont want to do business.. He should respect that & refund the money...

Being that the deal is still going you really cant post a negative review..

But.. Once the deal is done.. If you dont get everything you paid for OR your money back & the seller is not doing anything to make the situation right.. The by all means.. Post a negative review..

The seller should NOT charge you ANY fees.. Be it you send a check, MO, paypal.. Any of it..

You should also get a DC# with the priority package.. It only cost .70 cents here.. Im not going to say anything about the cost of the sellers shipping charge.. That is something that has been covered in another topic..

But.. If he dont ship anything.. He should refund it..

Anyways.. Thats all I know to say... Best of luck on the situation..

Zman181

Arachnoknight
:rolleyes: Now everyone is curious to know who the seller is. Well, if he doesn't do anything now; we will all know after his negative review.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't really want to get anything from him anymore because I accidentally paid for the wrong sp and now the sp that I want is no longer available. I just want to get a refund but his making it very difficult to impossible. :(

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Couldn't he had gifted it to you the same way you did to him?

Did you pay through paypal? If you did, I would cancel my order, make a complaint through paypal, & let them get your money back.

Honestly I would cancel the whole transaction & post a negative review. The whole thing sounds bad on his part.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
It wont be hard to figure out who the seller is weather you leave a negative review or not. Anyone who knows how to navigate on AB will find out..

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Couldn't he had gifted it to you the same way you did to him?

Did you pay through paypal? If you did, I would cancel my order, make a complaint through paypal, & let them get your money back.

Honestly I would cancel the whole transaction & post a negative review. The whole thing sounds bad on his part.
He said that he can't send it as personal payment because he has a business account (not sure if this is true, anyone knows about business account on paypal ?). Also, I heard that you cannot put a dispute on paypal since its regarding a personal payment. :( I'm really depress about this transaction its only a small issue that became a big mess.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He said that he can't send it as personal payment because he has a business account (not sure if this is true, anyone knows about business account on paypal ?). Also, I heard that you cannot put a dispute on paypal since its regarding a personal payment. :( I'm really depress about this transaction its only a small issue that became a big mess.
:wall::wall::wall:

I forgot that.

Personally I wouldn't do business with anyone, save a small handful of extremely reputable dealers on here, that wanted their money sent as a gift.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well.. If he is going to give you a refund.. Then all you can do is eat the fee yourself.. Take the refund.. Eat the 4% fee... Then turn around and post a negative review..

Always remember in the future.. Never send as a personal gift when buying from someone online.. Always make it a business transaction..

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:rolleyes: Now everyone is curious to know who the seller is. Well, if he doesn't do anything now; we will all know after his negative review.
Just look for someone who is asking the payment to be personal at the classifieds I'm sure you will find him.