i need answers again

scarkro

Arachnopeon
hey all whats up i know the only time you hear from me is when i need an answer to a question...i appreciate all your input it helps me a great deal....here is todays dilema...
my salmon pink birdeater (genghis (its name) molted yesterday when i found him he was hanging about an inch from the ground upside down from a faux branch tree like thing... he is only 3/4" to 1" big .... the problem was his rear right leg looked twisted...later he made it upright on the ground and is walking but his rear leg is still all twisted and not working codependently with the other 7 it just kind of drags along what can i do for this ? will the next molt fix this?? any other suggestions?

also i added three new spiders to my collection....white collar
peruvian grey and ornamental baboon

thanx for the feed back ahead of time

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is my understanding (haven't had the experience yet) that the T will lose the leg on it's own if it is injured seriously enough. Aside from that, it will be fixed in the next, or successive molts. With a sling that small, it would be very difficult for you to induce it to lose the leg. (there is a term for it, but I can't remember it at the moment)

Botar

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
It is my understanding (haven't had the experience yet) that the T will lose the leg on it's own if it is injured seriously enough. Aside from that, it will be fixed in the next, or successive molts. With a sling that small, it would be very difficult for you to induce it to lose the leg. (there is a term for it, but I can't remember it at the moment)

Botar
The word is autotomy from the Latin for self cutting.

Botar is right in that *usually*, the T will shed the leg on their own if its too injured to be used. With a larger T you would want to remove it yourself if the T didn't do this, but w/ a sling that small you'll just have to hope for the best.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From a while back:
My versicolor lost a leg and a pedipalp in a bad molt. Another leg was crippled. By the next molt the lost legs grew back (albeit smaller than should be) but now the former crippled leg was missing. Now my versi has all eight legs (& 2 pedipalps) again.
Don't know why the crippled leg didn't molt properly.