I need advise

nominds

Arachnopeon
I have 2 black emperor scorpions.. One of them is moving around fine and the other one is moving around really slowly but is alive.. Why is he doing this? I am just wondering..

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
emperors are just that way sometimes. It is when they start dragging their tail out long and straight that there is a problem (at least that is what I read in several threads with Qs about emp behavior, when the tail goes long and straight behind them and they drag about, they usually died) If it is curved around them to the side or above the back usually they are okay.

Also double check the tanks conditions, temps around 26°-30°C/80°-85°F, humidity up around mid 80% to 90%, Moist but not too damp substrate, a hide for them both, a shallow water dish, & food.

I had one of my emps who was sluggish (in my opinion) who just sat at the entrance to the hide, he was buried by the tank mates one day when I looked in there. but he was/is fine.

From my reading on this forum, the tails posture is reflective to its well being.

Regards Thaedion

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
emperors are just that way sometimes. It is when they start dragging their tail out long and straight that there is a problem (at least that is what I read in several threads with Qs about emp behavior, when the tail goes long and straight behind them and they drag about, they usually died) If it is curved around them to the side or above the back usually they are okay.
I agree with that, about the mesatoma being a key factor. All my dead scorpions end up like that if they have room to. (sometimes they die next to the side of the container it does not have room)

Mike

nominds

Arachnopeon
well his tail is curved to the side and when i went to move him he kept moving his tail up and down so im takeing it thats a good sign

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my female emp is laying at the back of her hide with her tail curved over her and she hasn't been out in 2 days.... but i have read thats normal.;)