I need a new new world!

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't really say that. I've heard that WC specimen are more 'difficult' and read on an old thread that WC individuals require a high humidity level, but CB ones do just fine.

Here's a nice 'Theraphosa care/information' post that @Nightstalker47 wrote up if you do choose to go with them:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/theraphosa-care-and-info.303033/
See I live in the tropics and from what I’ve read Theraphosas thrive in high humidity but cooler environments. I mean I could keep it if I wanted too but I’m not looking for something that’s gonna be a high maintenance for me.

cold blood

Staff member
They do get up to 7", maybe even 8" in some cases... No need to be hostile.
1. they do not, they are a 6" t.

2. How on gods green earth did you discern my post as hostile? o_O LMAO

Females can hit 7 inches. I saw Anastasia's (Net-Bug) female when I delivered my MM pulchra to her at the Hamburg, PA show last year, and it was about that big.
Overestimated size then...they do not get that big....maybe one freak did, but they are not generally even close to that size. 5-6" is much more typical.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Iridopelma. Unusual. Desirable. Colorful. And have a attitude without bad venom.

They don't get enough credit. IMG_20181011_160855638.jpg
I hirsutum. Bad picture. And it doesn't show her bright red abdomen very well.

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
A. geniculata

G. iheringi
G. pulchra or A. geniculata both fit your description. You want this beast in your life:
View attachment 289041
A. geniculata! furious eaters.
Similar, I like both but I prefer the look of the genic tbh (N. coloratovillosus is kinda similar as well)
View media item 53249

Yeah, G. iheringi might be harder to get as I don't know what their availability is like in the Philippines but if you find one then grab it, they're awesome.
I mean... just beautiful! How could anyone say no to them. These species are just gorgeous!

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
@bathsheba You disliked me describing a tarantula I saw first hand at a show? E-mail Anastasia and ask her yourself if you don't believe me.

bathsheba

Arachnopeon
@bathsheba You disliked me describing a tarantula I saw first hand at a show? E-mail Anastasia and ask her yourself if you don't believe me.
There is no way would I dislike your description of a T. Maybe my fat fingers hit something while I was browsing on mobile. Sorry about that :eek:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
No worries then. Sorry about the delayed response...I haven't had internet since 10/23. Moving can really suck.