I need a new new world!

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
Hey guys I’ve been on and off the hobby for around 5 yrs, and last year I made a decision to stay in this hobby permanently as Ts are the only pets I can take care of given my hectic schedule while attending college.

So I was wondering if you guys could suggest what my next T would be? I’m looking for a display tarantula/tarantulas (as I always end up buying more than what I’ve planned, like most of the people in the hobby ) with an endless appetite, preferably new world and grows to around 7”+.

Currently I have around 30+ (Lost count) tarantulas in my cave and since I’m looking for a new world I’ll just list down the one’s that I already have.

My current New World roster:
A. Seemani

B. Auratum

B. Boehmei

B. Vagans

B. Smithi

B. Albiceps

C. Cyaneopubescens

G. Pulchripes

L. Parahybana

N. Chromatus

N. Tripepii

P. Sazimai

P.S - if you own your suggested specimen then by all means attach a picture as I do not trust most pictures from net. Thank you

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper

SDCustom78

Arachnopeon
No mention whether arboreals/semi arboreals were an option but P. cambridgei are in that size range as well and "typically" are out and about as far as "display" Tarantulas as they age/put on size with great appetites and grow rather fast. P. irminia are another option "again a crap shoot" on whether they will "display" themselves or hide in their dirt curtains but are simply beautiful tarantulas with great appetites. You cant go wrong with any Psalmo but not all of them will hit 7 inches as adults. Adult female P irminia pictured below who loves to be out and about in full view. P. irminia C.F. 4.5 inches.jpg

Last edited:

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I'm with grym reaper and starnaitor!! I have both and are awesome. The geni is like hey! how are yo om nom nom nom hahahahaha

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
1538723392714.jpg

I thought we were picking up a "big boring brown spider" when my partner asked if we could take home a 5" unsexed P. cancerides from the LPS a few years back... but hey, for 30$ I wasn't going to say no.

This spider has turned out to be not only an amazing display T, but one of the most fun to feed with her intense response to anything that moves. She molted soon after we got her, was confirmed female and she just gets prettier with each molt!

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
You don't have any Phormictopus, you need some Phormictopus.
I’ve been looking for that genus too, but I think the only one that’s in my market are cancerides and it seems I’m looking for something with a distinct color or pattern

View attachment 289052

I thought we were picking up a "big boring brown spider" when my partner asked if we could take home a 5" unsexed P. cancerides from the LPS a few years back... but hey, for 30$ I wasn't going to say no.

This spider has turned out to be not only an amazing display T, but one of the most fun to feed with her intense response to anything that moves. She molted soon after we got her, was confirmed female and she just gets prettier with each molt!
That’s a good looking T. Is it a he or a she?

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
All of these. Add some Theraphosa too
Theraphosa was my orginal plan but my fellow keepers told me they were harder to keep as they were sensitive to humidity and temperature. Two of my friends had bad molts on their blondi last month. I don’t want to be the next victim

No mention whether arboreals/semi arboreals were an option but P. cambridgei are in that size range as well and "typically" are out and about as far as "display" Tarantulas as they age/put on size with great appetites and grow rather fast. P. irminia are another option "again a crap shoot" on whether they will "display" themselves or hide in their dirt curtains but are simply beautiful tarantulas with great appetites. You cant go wrong with any Psalmo but not all of them will hit 7 inches as adults. Adult female P irminia pictured below who loves to be out and about in full view. View attachment 289048
Thank you and I haven’t noticed I didn’t include in my post that I was lookinh for terrestrial Ts. I have a P.irminia sling and I’ll certainly grab a cambridgei when they become available here

Thank you! Female :)
Hmmm I was thinking of them as big brown spider too but it seems their carapace looks really nice too.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmmm I was thinking of them as big brown spider too but it seems their carapace looks really nice too.
She has a lovely purple tint to her, and is very shiny/coppery as opposed to a matte brown.

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
A. geniculata

G. iheringi
I was going for the genic but don’t they have much resemblance with N.chromatus? As for iheringi I don’t think I’ve seen one for sale here in my place

BrokenLegBaboon

Arachnosquire
G. pulchra or A. geniculata both fit your description. You want this beast in your life:
View attachment 289041
I was told pulchras grow slow and have long periods of fasting sometimes.

Wow that’s stunning! Under what lighting was this taken?

That’s a fat girl. What sp is that? If I were to go pampho I would be choosing between platyomma and machalla as those two are the only ones for sale in my area