I. Mira Keepers! (Poss Emergency?)

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Final result, She was never found though with how hot the floor was I'm pretty sure she was baked long before we ever even drove and hour, tried the red flashlight, dirt on the floor, overnight watching, nothing worked. I finally had to turn the truck in so I had to roll up the windows so that if she were still alive it would ensure she didn't survive the day so that there would be no risk of a bite to someone else and containment would be ensured. Butchers bill got a little higher as well given my OBT thats about 1/2" attempted to molt enroute and due to the fluctuating humidity between our old location and here she got stuck in molt, lasted 3 days before I finally called it given I saw no more signs of life and froze her to ensure her suffering would end if she still was alive, sucks given I've raised her from the size of a pea. Overall the rest of the Ts seem to be acclimating, alot of kicked hairs and some bare butts but theyre moving around thier enclosures again and eating. Unfortunatley in addition to the two Ts the load shifted in the mountains due to an emergency manuver and some boxes fell cracking up 3 of the acrylic habitats so a few are living in larger deli cups currently. All in all it could of been better, but also could of been alot worse so lesson learned if anyones thinking about it: Seal the box heavilly, pack as if shipping, and pray. I'm thinking in the future I might build a cradle to pack habitats into given also all habitats had thier tunnels collapsed by the time we arrived.

keks

Arachnobaron
Unfortunately My wife and I train as well as a friend who is a professional trainer has tried lol. We got him at age 5 as a rescue so hes got some pretty deep rooted issues, in this case though its more of a "You left so F*** YOU" than freaking out which I'm pretty sure was caused by prior owners at some point letting him have run of everything and possibly feeding the separation problems. Everyone thats tried to change him has given up and were his third home at this point so hes not going anywhere. :\

About to post the final results.
Poor little pug. I am really a fan of this dogs, they are special. I want to tell you the story of my daughters dog:
My daughter got a midi-chihuahua, about nine month old. In this nine month the dog was only one time in his life out of the flat, and this was a trip to the vet (should I explain why he hates vets?). He got a cat toilet, a single room with other dogs, but almost no contact to humans :sour:.
When my daughter got him, he was freaking out when he saw or touched grass, or saw garbage bins, birds, bees, trees, leaves, snowflakes ... everybody and everything who came along the street. And he assaults to everybody and everything, inclusive myself, of course. I was really horrified by this dog, and happy, that he was not a bigger one. I never ment, that something would change with this dog
In the next four or five years this totally disturbed doggie changed about 170 %. My daughter became mother, the dog loves the children. And now every other children too. And snow, leaves, bees, grass .... Now he is a very nice, cuddly dog. I love him, he loves me. Visiting my daughter = doggie sticks on me like super-glued. The few ticks which he couldn't change are insignificant for us.
Time, patience and love can heal many wrong feelings and experiences.
I wish you and your pug the best :) .

For your tarantula I am really sorry. Sometimes things are running bad.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I don't like to kick a person who is already down...but your packing really sucked. Collapsed tunnels, breaking enclosures, bare butts because of stress..
Unless you traveled in offroad terrain with rocks and ropebridges and bushes and holes in the road, I don't understand how your spiders could be in such a state after only 24/36 hours of travel.
Spiders in Europe travel five days on the road and (save for on the road molting) arrive safe and sound without so much as a hair kicked...
What went wrong?

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
I don't like to kick a person who is already down...but your packing really sucked. Collapsed tunnels, breaking enclosures, bare butts because of stress..
Unless you traveled in offroad terrain with rocks and ropebridges and bushes and holes in the road, I don't understand how your spiders could be in such a state after only 24/36 hours of travel.
Spiders in Europe travel five days on the road and (save for on the road molting) arrive safe and sound without so much as a hair kicked...
What went wrong?
If you were to read, the collapsed tunnels was in the enclosures, they were seperate from them in deli cups in a box that rode in the cab with me. I posted about the enclosures given I could see someone thinking it would be fine for a short trip to leave them be which for any fossorial species would of probably killed them, this was a 1200 mile trip in a moving van. I am pretty sure going from an almost 40% difference in ambient humidity is causing them some acclimation given unlike myself who got used to it enroute as the climate changes but was still blasted some when I opened the door in NC they went from thier old clime straight to opening in an almost entirley different clime.

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately My wife and I train as well as a friend who is a professional trainer has tried lol. We got him at age 5 as a rescue so hes got some pretty deep rooted issues, in this case though its more of a "You left so F*** YOU" than freaking out which I'm pretty sure was caused by prior owners at some point letting him have run of everything and possibly feeding the separation problems. Everyone thats tried to change him has given up and were his third home at this point so hes not going anywhere. :\

About to post the final results.
Huh.. 3 dog trainers and a dog with a long history of behavioral issues.. and yet nobody took proactive measures like crating the dog. Interesting.

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Sadly no, though they left prior to us leaving and given my wife and I were up for 48 hours straight prior to this I'm not surprised, though there also was no space for a crate in either vehicle.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Sorry for misreading about the tunnels. Good to read they weren't in there.
But still...I'd improve your packing methods if you were to send or move them again ;)
Lesson learned and all that...