I might have a geo sac looks ALOT like a geo sac before added spikes

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just wait a few minutes and see if she adds spikes. i imagine it would be pretty tough to distinguish between a geo without spikes and another kind.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it doesn't take very long for them to make a sac, so it's probably a completed hesp/mac

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Watching geos and sp.Laos finish off their sacs with spikes makes me think "obsessive compulsiveness".
Ive had two geos produce "smooth" sacs. One was really old and feeble... she sort of added some webbing in a couple spots but shut down and eventually died a couple days later. The other was one that I abruptly interrupted and since I was doing quick n' basic spider chores I pulled the sac...no need for spikes... they'll hatch all the same.
So... sure, you could very well find a smooth geo sac out in the field.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
buthus or bishopimaster- how can you tell? (I've never seen anything -other- than a geo sac, so maybe it's obvious)
Geos and sp.Laos (maybe other species that we in the hobby havent played with as of yet) finish their sacs off with "spikes" ...think medieval mace like weapon "morningstar". Without the spikes a geo sac would look just like a typical black widow sac.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Geos and sp.Laos (maybe other species that we in the hobby havent played with as of yet) finish their sacs off with "spikes" ...think medieval mace like weapon "morningstar". Without the spikes a geo sac would look just like a typical black widow sac.
heh, i know that. :)
i mean the difference between a geo sac w/o spikes and hesp, say. i.e., why did BishopiMaster say it looked a lot like a geo sac?