I messed up BIG. Tore two legs off my P Audax

KrazyKumo

Arachnopeon
I captured a P Audax a couple weeks ago. I always loved jumpers. He is housed in a plastic quart jar upside down.

I was trying to feed a fly, theyre difficult to shut in the jar because theyre fast. As I was closing the jar, my Audax jumped down and clipped his large front leg and two other legs between the lid and jar. :arghh::banghead: They severed and he looked pretty stressed immediately.

Is my spider a goner? This hurt bad because i named him and became attached already. He is currently in his web hammock just sitting with no interest in the fly. I want to think he will molt but he is pretty large:sorry:

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
If hes on the large side, he is old, hes just going to be crippled the rest of his time.

Feed him easier prey. Any kind of worms and small crickets without their back legs

Chaos4eva

Arachnopeon
Sorry to hear about what happened... Can you post a picture of her? I knows it's not the same at all but recently got a Avic A. and only noticed she was missing a back leg when I did the rehousing. She moves well and follows prey.

Attachments