I made this guide to keeping earwigs

shutout2000

Arachnoknight

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone, I have made a care sheet for earwigs for anyone interested in raising them for just pets or pet foods. No one has made one before actually. I have a care sheet here and my journal on a container of them I am keeping now ;)

Here is the care sheet I made: http://insectandentomology.forumotion.com/t46-official-guide-to-keeping-earwigs

My journal on the ones I am keeping now. http://insectandentomology.forumotion.com/t3-earwig-journal
Wow, I was just about to write my own thread about this when I saw yours in the recent threads list! They're pretty nice pets, fairly active.

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
Thank you, I have gotten so sick of hearing they are disgusting from people, glad to see someone appreciates them. lol

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was thinking of trying to collect a few in my yard but now its starting to hit frosty temperatures at night. Do I have to wait for the spring?

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
No actually, at night, go out and look near lights and on wooden objects such as wood piles, older wooden sheds, also do you have a wooden deck or porch with wooden railings? If you do, they can commonly be found were board meets board hiding inbetween the two boards.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Man back in Japan, keeping earwigs was my life. I had at least 10 of them and they would all live together and stuff. (please keep in mind that I was 6-12 years old back then so I didn't care). Once I dropped a wolf spider inside the container full of earwigs by accident and all I could do was watch as the spider ran into the biggest female and was ripped apart and eaten alive... Fun eh? After years of such, I've grown quite tired of earwigs and the species in my area aren't very interesting as they stay very small.

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
I was thinking of trying to collect a few in my yard but now its starting to hit frosty temperatures at night. Do I have to wait for the spring?
Earlier in the fall, I've found lots in my own yard, but not any recently. Look under rocks during the day and by the grass/on the pavement at night. They're very easy to find when it's dark.