I love dremel tools!!!

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It seems there is nothing these machines can't do. A month or two ago I brought a sandstone from a driveway and went to work on it. I successfully made a nice looking water bowl which is currently with my obt. Also since my p ornatas are only at Gatorade bottle cap size I wanted to make a water bowl instead of using an ugly bottle cap. I got my dremel and made another awesome water bowl my p ornata is currently drinking out of. I'll post some pics later but right now im on my phone and can't.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It seems there is nothing these machines can't do. A month or two ago I brought a sandstone from a driveway and went to work on it. I successfully made a nice looking water bowl which is currently with my obt. Also since my p ornatas are only at Gatorade bottle cap size I wanted to make a water bowl instead of using an ugly bottle cap. I got my dremel and made another awesome water bowl my p ornata is currently drinking out of. I'll post some pics later but right now im on my phone and can't.
awesome! i also 'recycle' rocks but not like that! btw, what's a dremel tool? do they recquire much skill to use or are they easy enough for me to get one for this sort of thing..'cause i have no skill with tools

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
Dremel tools are Great! I use mine for all sorts of things in my T enclosures. From cutting small branches or pieces of cork bark to smoothing edges of rocks before putting them in the enclosure. I may have to try making a water dish like that cause like you I hate the bottle cap look.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
awesome! i also 'recycle' rocks but not like that! btw, what's a dremel tool? do they recquire much skill to use or are they easy enough for me to get one for this sort of thing..'cause i have no skill with tools
Definitely get one. They are very easy to learn to use and I use mine every day. But to answer your question they are a drill you hold like a pencil and you can attach a different drill bit for different needs. Like they have a diamond bit for brick (or sandstone) or a sanding bit for well sanding.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Before anyone makes anything out of rock please put on a dust mask. The dust powder in the air really builds up quick.

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow :eek: those look amazing! Looks better than the water bowls at the LPS. Hmmmm :rolleyes: wonder how a hide made with a Dremel would look?

SarahAntula

Arachnopeon

WOW looks great!!
you may be on to something here!
I will be looking for these for sale in the for sale/trade/want to buy section.;):D:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The only problem is you need to buy another bit after one or two bowls because the powder that makes them cut gets all worn off.