I Lost My Best Friend to Tarantulas :(

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
"Hey, Ray. There's this reptile expo at the museum. I picked up a brochure for you while I was at the Spider Pavilion. Thought you might be interested."
*I call Rachel Ray
*my friend loves herps
"Uch, spiders disgust me!"
"What are you talking about?"
"They're stupid, nasty things. Tarantulas are the worst!"
":eek: I have, like, 4 tarantulas."

I honestly thought she was my friend, my BEST friend, but she refused to be my friend just because I had tarantulas. This whole weekend, I didn't even know what to think. I was really wrong about her this whole time.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good riddance in my opinion. A bestfriend wouldn't ditch you because of your pets.

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Well, at least you know now. Seems like a lot of relationship problems being brought to my attention lately. Tarantulas are like kids; You pretty much have to mention them right away. Don't let it get you down too much.... Just wait until you meet someone who likes T's then you'll forget all about whoever this person is that doesn't like T's. Good Luck

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Really, where would I find a preteen that likes Ts? I feel like the only person in the planet that is :( . It seems like all my friends are pretty disgusted by it, but I didn't know that my [ex] best friend would be that affected by it.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Go to expos, find friends here to talk to about tarantulas, and you can find some friends IRL that, if not like your critters, accept them. I haven't seen my brother since I got my T's, he considers me a nutcase because I would keep them. But I'm not fuzzed, he doesn't deserve my awesomeness if he can't look past the fact that I keep T's.

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
Really, where would I find a preteen that likes Ts? I feel like the only person in the planet that is :( . It seems like all my friends are pretty disgusted by it, but I didn't know that my [ex] best friend would be that affected by it.
Welcome to our world, I'm sure that 95% of arachnoboard members struggle with the same rationalities that you are experiencing. Its normal. In this case of simple human behavior -to like- causes twice as many people not to like. Give it 8 legs, more than two eyes, a big booty, attitude, fangs, and an ability to get big. lol thats when even more people do not like it. Just come to the boards everyday. Your not alone.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
People just don't like them because they're too awesome for the normal human to handle. Well, time to set up the "I'm Sorry" gift *puts giant Pokie in box*

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire
How did you manage to get to #4 without her knowing? I don't have any yet and everyone knows I plan on getting some.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I guess that's just the way the world works. People are afraid of something they won't even think about giving it a shot usually. Honestly you should've seen me as a little kid, TERRIFIED of spiders!!! Now I'm on a mission to collect all that I can, and my very first goal is all the Pokies. Some people need to just face there fears head on and realize their was never really anything to fear in the first place.

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You realize that they weren't really your friend, right? No one who actually cares about you is going to be that upset by a T. I'd say you are better off finding out now

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We feel for you, for sure. And it is true, anybody that is going to ditch you because you understand something they don't is not a quality friend. I also know that knowing this does not stop them hurting your feelings when it happens. But you have support here. (I remember when I was younger than you being laughed at on occasion because I made it my personal mission to stop people throwing rocks at bugs in the playground...a popular occupation at my school.)
Also you will meet people, in person and online that will understand where you are coming from. The "in person" ones may not be today or tomorrow, but they will come. Trust me, when it happens, you will have a better, deeper understanding and relationship with those people than any of the ones before, because you stayed strong and true to yourself. Don't accept anything less!

Knight in Gale

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well look at it this way....

Your tarantulas will never leave you because of who your friends are ;)

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tarantulas are misunderstood to most people that can't understand their natural beauty and total badassness

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just find somehting about your friends that you do not agree with and hold it over their heads. I am sure it will make them feel like the small minded idiots that they are....

ruca49

Arachnopeon
I can't believe that your "friend" would act this way. But in all actuality welcome to the real world. Better to find out sooner than later.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"Hey, Ray. There's this reptile expo at the museum. I picked up a brochure for you while I was at the Spider Pavilion. Thought you might be interested."
*I call Rachel Ray
*my friend loves herps
"Uch, spiders disgust me!"
"What are you talking about?"
"They're stupid, nasty things. Tarantulas are the worst!"
":eek: I have, like, 4 tarantulas."

I honestly thought she was my friend, my BEST friend, but she refused to be my friend just because I had tarantulas. This whole weekend, I didn't even know what to think. I was really wrong about her this whole time.
I'm coming in late... but I call my Tarantulas my "Friend Filter!" :)