I lost my B.Vagans

Arachnofobik

Arachnopeon
Hello, its some time, but I lost my B.Vagans. It run from the box. Have you any idea? Some traps or something? I wanna catch it. It is young and i like it.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Start by looking everywhere, all the little dark warm places it could hide. Under couches, chairs, beds, dressers, check the corners of the room, the ceiling.

It is a labour intensive job and there is no easy way to do it.

You could try turning off all the lights, and putting a dish of water in the center of the room that you kept the tarantula in (with rocks in it so the T doesn't drown) making sure not to go into that room for any reason other than to check in there with a red light every day at 0200 or 0300 hours. (the early hours of the morning)

sorry to hear that the t escape
What a useless post.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello, its some time, but I lost my B.Vagans. It run from the box. Have you any idea? Some traps or something? I wanna catch it. It is young and i like it.
Put a water dish out. Also you could try putting a heat mat on something and see if it turns up. Just check around your house in warm and dark places. Good luck.

arachnidsrulz12

Arachnosquire
Start by looking everywhere, all the little dark warm places it could hide. Under couches, chairs, beds, dressers, check the corners of the room, the ceiling.

It is a labour intensive job and there is no easy way to do it.

You could try turning off all the lights, and putting a dish of water in the center of the room (with rocks in it so the T doesn't drown) and check in there with a red light every day at 0200 or 0300 hours.

What a useless post.
lol, my obt escape and other people said the same thing

Kreatz

Arachnopeon
any other suggestion bout escaped tarantula?

My A. hentzi just escape last night. Ive already check all the possibility where she can go or hide..

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
any other suggestion bout escaped tarantula?

My A. hentzi just escape last night. Ive already check all the possibility where she can go or hide..
Just use the above methods.

If you have a spare 10 gallon, try sitting it out with a heat mat on one of the inside walls and a water dish next to the tank.

Robert Jordan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If by "young" you mean it's a spiderling., maybe this is irrelevant, especially since it's totally theoretical, but:

I've always wondered if one could bait a hide placed in a warm, dark spot as described here by a few people with something stinky like a pinky mouse...?

If the T were big & hungry enough, it might draw it out from hiding, making it more likely that you'd see it. If it found the food, it's unlikely the T would take something that large elsewhere to eat. It would also take a considerable amount of time for the T to finish a big meal like that.

Anyone ever tried something like that?