I knew something was wrong....(A.met sac)

aphono

Arachnobaron
Yeah that was something I was wondering about- temps. Thanks for answering that and for the pics too. If only bird eggs could be incubated that way... would have made things so much easier lol.

Looking forward to updates and hoping for good results!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
For those that requested updates.I went to give the eggs there morning swirl and noticed a few Eggs with legs..

aphono

Arachnobaron
For those that requested updates.I went to give the eggs there morning swirl and noticed a few Eggs with legs..
Uhm, is there a nuclear facility nearby....? :troll:

Imagine that, having to use your fork to stop breakfast from walking off the plate...

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Update. Out of 98 eggs I have 4 healthy instars But 5 instars total. One could kick at any moment.. It's a miracle it hatched at all as it was stuck to a clump in a clump of 3 other bad eggs. I got a alot of eggs that started to develop legs but they didn't make it to instar stage..

I still have a few eggs that may hatch but I doubt it. it'ss been like 37-38 days. I will leave them untill im sure they are duds though.

I blame the incubator.. I wouldn't recommend this style at all.. The eggs bunch together in the corners giving the the more developed EWLs the perfect opportunity to cannabalize perfectly healthy eggs.. I also found alot of dry eggs.. I don't think the coffee filter allows enough humidity to enter the "egg chamber".. I said I would ride this incubator out untill the end so that I could say from personal experience whether it works well or not.. IMO it absolutely sucks.. Here's the results this far.. 20170521_124351.jpg

TRection

Arachnoknight
Update. Out of 98 eggs I have 4 healthy instars But 5 instars total. One could kick at any moment.. It's a miracle it hatched at all as it was stuck to a clump in a clump of 3 other bad eggs. I got a alot of eggs that started to develop legs but they didn't make it to instar stage..

I still have a few eggs that may hatch but I doubt it. it'ss been like 37-38 days. I will leave them untill im sure they are duds though.

I blame the incubator.. I wouldn't recommend this style at all.. The eggs bunch together in the corners giving the the more developed EWLs the perfect opportunity to cannabalize perfectly healthy eggs.. I also found alot of dry eggs.. I don't think the coffee filter allows enough humidity to enter the "egg chamber".. I said I would ride this incubator out untill the end so that I could say from personal experience whether it works well or not.. IMO it absolutely sucks.. Here's the results this far.. View attachment 240944
Im sorry to hear about how many eggs were duds but that being said at least the 5 have made it! something about tiny baby Ts is so adorable to me <3 i hope they grow healthy and strong :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Im sorry to hear about how many eggs were duds but that being said at least the 5 have made it! something about tiny baby Ts is so adorable to me <3 i hope they grow healthy and strong :)
Thanks man.. Yea it sucks but like you said atleast a few have made it.. I'm going to give them to my sons. They will be their first avics!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
So all day today my spider sences have been tingling but I was busy all day.. Along with my normal daily dutys I had to work on a drawing for friend that he is having tattooed on him.. I got a large chunk done and then the cat decided it was time for me to stop and pat him.

So while patting my little ball of chaos and doodling a half rat half wolf thing the thought of checking on my tarantulas kept creeping into my head yet again.. I said ahh screw it I fed and watered allmost all of them yesterday no need to do it now.. I was so relaxed from drawing ( something I never have time for anymore) I just didn't feel like doing anything else.. I patted the cat for an hour or so ,ate a late dinner and went to bed..

Well about fifteen minutes ago the urge to see what some of my Ts were up to was overwhelming... I drug myself out of bed flipped on the lights and just kind of looked around.. And was like oh... I wonder how those little 1st instar A.mets are doing.. I looked in and four out of the five are now second instar :)... I have been expecting it any day now as they have been shiny and swollen like ticks for about four days... The weak one #5 who I'm shocked has made it this far hasn't molted yet but he developed about a week after the rest so I'm not surprised..

I'm too tired to take pics now but I will tomorrow once I have them in there own deli containers..

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Nice job, great intuition, you're so right to have pulled the sac, as you said they all would have ended up black. Good for you and the eggs. Great save.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
So all day today my spider sences have been tingling but I was busy all day.. Along with my normal daily dutys I had to work on a drawing for friend that he is having tattooed on him.. I got a large chunk done and then the cat decided it was time for me to stop and pat him.

So while patting my little ball of chaos and doodling a half rat half wolf thing the thought of checking on my tarantulas kept creeping into my head yet again.. I said ahh screw it I fed and watered allmost all of them yesterday no need to do it now.. I was so relaxed from drawing ( something I never have time for anymore) I just didn't feel like doing anything else.. I patted the cat for an hour or so ,ate a late dinner and went to bed..

Well about fifteen minutes ago the urge to see what some of my Ts were up to was overwhelming... I drug myself out of bed flipped on the lights and just kind of looked around.. And was like oh... I wonder how those little 1st instar A.mets are doing.. I looked in and four out of the five are now second instar :)... I have been expecting it any day now as they have been shiny and swollen like ticks for about four days... The weak one #5 who I'm shocked has made it this far hasn't molted yet but he developed about a week after the rest so I'm not surprised..

I'm too tired to take pics now but I will tomorrow once I have them in there own deli containers..
You must be disappointed of course, at least you managed to save some of the eggs, now 2nd instar, hope they all make it through, this was very informative, the whole process, as for the incubator, do you think it was the lack of humidity that was the problem and them bunching together?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Here's pics of them before I rehoused them.. I'll attach pics of them in there enclosures to this post at some point lol.
20170531_185417.jpg

14pokies

Arachnoprince
@14pokies Was that all the slings that made it, you must be disappointed, the 4 that are pictured look great, cute in fact with there little tarsi, beautiful.
Thanks they are cute as hell. Yup that's it...It's hard to say that I'm disappointed.. Nature does what it wants..