I killed a pede today...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
lol@some of the posts here.

some seriously misguided poo going on. i love the idiocy of touting higher IQ and being some sort of environmentalist and posting against killing invasive species. go live in Australia for a while. stupid. almost worthy of standard american popular religious rhetoric. all a prioris and no need to justify/cite. love it.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
be carefull that you specify housecats. or domestic cats or feral cats. the native cats are an important part of the eco system . domestic cats are an evil evil thing

Yeah...feral cats. I didn't specify it clearly enough in my post.

As for the people getting on Mr. I on the pede thing...get over yourselves. It's not like you've never stepped on a cockroach before.

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I never said that I didn't drive a car/get on a computer/etc. I'm perfectly aware of the fact that I do, but then again, re-read what I've said. I myself never said anything about defending "the natural way" or whatever, I personally don't care much for "the natural way" as I made obvious with my first post in here. I simply stated that those who live in the same style and/or those living in 1st class countries have no room to talk about "the natural way" because the way we're living is anything but natural.

Wanting to save every animal isn't completely natural either, but as the self-proclaimed "higher species" position that humans like to think of themselves as, even though we aren't, I believe that we should have a moral obligation to cause as little pain and suffering on the earth as possible, even though this one statement is basically just my opinion, but anyone who is actually knowledgeable and actually aware of just how much damage we cause and doesn't feel the same is probably just heartless and/or just selfish if you ask me.

A lot of the fundamentals of Bhuddism state the same things, and the most devoted monks will not kill anyone or anything because of their beliefs, an example we should all admire. Bhuddism is one of the few religions I respect personally, though I'm not religious, but I feel as if it's probably one of the few only religions that isn't a hypocritical load of crap, though once again, this is my opinion. We've already done more than enough bad to nature as it is. More than 100 acres of forestry and 2 species are wiped out completely every single day because of us and our selfish needs.

Vegetarianism is actually a much, much better diet both for us(because it's healthier) and for the planet and environment as well, for those that felt the need to insult it, and as I state once again for those of you with poor reading comprehension skills, not that I'm trying to offend any meat eaters or anything. Do you people realize that one pound of meat takes 2,500 to 3,000 gallons of water, yet a pound of wheat only takes about 25 gallons of water? Did you know that meat uses over 20 times the amount of land to grow the same amount of protein as soybeans? Do you all realize that raising animals for livestock is actually one of the leading man made causes of methane gas/carbon dioxide pollutants in the atmosphere, possibly contributing to global warming? The land that's taken up for growing vegetables/soy products/etc. is literally WAY less than the amount of land taken up for growing animals for meat and the like. Obviously, we live in a world of limited resources for those of you that didn't know, so my views are far more than just for moral reasons.

Furthermore, for those of you that felt compelled to label me as "high and mighty" as I predicted before I even started typing my first post in here, once again, learn to read. I stated specifically that I wasn't trying to offend any meat eaters and that I wasn't trying to act better than anyone else, I simply said I thought it was interesting to point out given the circumstances. Even more ridiculous, those that felt the need to call me "misguided"... ehh, do your research first people. Go ahead and look it up, you'd be very surprised. Pretty much everything I stated was a solid fact, aside from stuff that I openly said was just my informed opinion. I try as hard as I can to only go by facts and to be as scientific as possible to avoid being wrong. Arguing against scientific facts is just futile. The way I see it, if you can't back up what you say with facts, then you really might as well not say anything at all.

And no, I don't kill any animal, ever, and I do mean that literally. I even said specifically that I didn't want to start any arguments, I hate arguments and conflict and I'm sorry to those that I've offended, but I just can't stand when people take life for granted, take nature for granted, and so on. You really should all research just how much we're hurting this planet before slapping the "miSguidEd enVironmEntaList" type crap label that you acquired while watching South Park on someone.

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i wish i could post only "lol" but 10char minlim
why not repeat lol over and over again? It helps emphasise both a futile and hillarious situation. People are people and emotion drives us all. No one can change anyone elses lives. So enjoy the ride. And really enjoy arguments.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
And no, I don't kill any animal, ever, and I do mean that literally. I even said specifically that I didn't want to start any arguments, I hate arguments and conflict and I'm sorry to those that I've offended, but I just can't stand when people take life for granted, take nature for granted, and so on. You really should all research just how much we're hurting this planet before slapping the "miSguidEd enVironmEntaList" type crap label that you acquired while watching South Park on someone.
Look, I appreciate your posts... I've had a long day, and I needed a belly laugh. For your entirely misguided and holier-than-thou information, I've donated more time here to promoting the invertebrate keeping hobby than you've ever donated to a worthy cause in your entire life. Your taste buds must have broken down somewhere along the way, because someone has fed you a GIANT load of crap, my friend, I only wish you could taste it for yourself.

If you believe what you wrote in the quoted section above, you're delusional as well as condescending. If you think you walk, run, or drive ANYWHERE without killing anything, you must be a deluded. I've got a grill full of bugs on my car right now that would disagree heartily with your haughty assertion that you somehow have lowered your impact on other life on this planet to zero... you're typing your posts on a keyboard made from plastic, derived from crude oil, harvested from wells and a refining process that is responsible for tons of pollutants and toxins,and local environmental damager that is most certainly the cause of the death of local fauna. What, you feel better that you weren't there, pulling the trigger (it's a metaphor, lest you find a way to channel Sarah Brady in addition to Ingrid Newkirk)?

Life's hard, things die, and many times we're the cause of it. We're the most powerful, impactful, advanced species on the earth, and we're going to run roughshod over lesser species sometimes. That's about as natural as it gets, folks.

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Life's hard, things die, and many times we're the cause of it. We're the most powerful, impactful, advanced species on the earth, and we're going to run roughshod over lesser species sometimes. That's about as natural as it gets, folks.
Thats fine, so long as you remember that the day one of them gets us back, that too is as natural as it comes. I just hope that some of the people here who declaim how we shouldn't be oversentimental about an animals death aren't the same people who cry out when someone's taken by a shark, killed by a snake etc. If us killing them is part of the natural order, surely it applies in reverse as well.

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mister Internet, good man and hats off to you! *bows happily and wipes a tear from her eye* That was awesome :)

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wanting to save every animal isn't completely natural either, but as the self-proclaimed 1. "higher species" position that humans like to think of themselves as, even though we aren't, I believe that we should have a moral obligation to cause as little pain and suffering on the earth as possible, even though this one statement is basically just my opinion, but 2. anyone who is actually knowledgeable and actually aware of just how much damage we cause and doesn't feel the same is probably just heartless and/or just selfish if you ask me.

A lot of the fundamentals of Bhuddism state the same things, and the most devoted monks will not kill anyone or anything because of their beliefs, an example we should all admire. Bhuddism is one of the few religions I respect personally, though I'm not religious, but I feel as if it's probably one of the few only religions that isn't a hypocritical load of crap, though once again, this is my opinion. We've already done more than enough bad to nature as it is. More than 100 acres of forestry and 2 species are wiped out completely every single day because of us and our selfish needs.

3. Vegetarianism is actually a much, much better diet both for us(because it's healthier) and 4. for the planet and environment as well, for those that felt the need to insult it, and as I state once again for those of you with poor reading comprehension skills, not that I'm trying to offend any meat eaters or anything. 5. Do you people realize that one pound of meat takes 2,500 to 3,000 gallons of water, yet a pound of wheat only takes about 25 gallons of water? Did you know that meat uses over 20 times the amount of land to grow the 6. same amount of protein as soybeans? Do you all realize that raising animals for livestock is actually one of the leading man made causes of methane gas/carbon dioxide pollutants in the atmosphere, possibly contributing to global warming? The land that's taken up for growing vegetables/soy products/etc. is literally WAY less than the amount of land taken up for growing animals for meat and the like. Obviously, we live in a world of limited resources for those of you that didn't know, so my views are far more than just for moral reasons.

Furthermore, for those of you that felt compelled to label me as "high and mighty" as I predicted before I even started typing my first post in here, once again, learn to read. I stated specifically that I wasn't trying to offend any meat eaters and that I wasn't trying to act better than anyone else, I simply said I thought it was interesting to point out given the circumstances. Even more ridiculous, those that felt the need to call me "misguided"... 7. ehh, do your research first people. Go ahead and look it up, you'd be very surprised. Pretty much everything I stated was a solid fact, aside from stuff that I openly said was just my informed opinion. I try as hard as I can to only go by facts and to be as scientific as possible to avoid being wrong. Arguing against scientific facts is just futile. The way I see it, if you can't back up what you say with facts, then you really might as well not say anything at all.

8. And no, I don't kill any animal, ever, and I do mean that literally. I even said specifically that I didn't want to start any arguments, I hate arguments and conflict and I'm sorry to those that I've offended, but I just can't stand when people take life for granted, take nature for granted, and so on. You really should all research just how much we're hurting this planet before slapping the "miSguidEd enVironmEntaList" type crap label that you acquired while watching South Park on someone.
What a gigantic ton of crap/huge waste of time!!

1. If you don't think humans are a higher species than any other species you have a few roos loose in the top paddock mate.

2. If you wish to preace about lessening your impact, don't come on the internet. That simple act alone uses a butt-load of energy that contributes to pollution/climate change and that other rubbish. Not to mention the 1000s of computers it takes to keep you online.

3. Errrr - wrong. Humans have evolved to be omnivores. They need both meat and plant matter to survive. It is wholly more unhealthy to live solely on plants. Much the same as it would be detrimental to live solely on meat.

4. See above post about how vegeterianism impacts on the planet. Large land clearances, tonnes of fertiliser/pesticides, needless slaughter of animals during harvest and the rest.

5. You're of course conveniently ignoring the amount of water it takes to fuel the machines (and make the machines) used for ploughing, used for sowing, used for harvesting. Also the immense amounts of water used to clear the land (and wasted in doing so). The huge amounts of water plants take to grow (far more per day than a cow consumes). And don't forget to conveniently gloss over the amount of water that is used to make fertilisers and pesticides.

6. Do you realise soybeans taste like crap?

7. I did about 5 assignments on this stuff for ecology last year.

8. I've never heard a bigger lie in my entire life.

You seem the kind of person that would support PETA despite the fact they are the biggest cause of animal euthanasia in the world.. The kind of person who would campaign against mulesing Australian sheep despite the fact you've never seen one being eaten by maggots while it was still alive.

As for us being "cruel" in our perceptions of animals and life (as I'm sure you do think), I'm studying to be a vet and in the next 10 years I'll probably help more animals than you will in your entire life by eating tofu.

Sorry for the long post everyone!

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What a gigantic ton of crap/huge waste of time!!

1. If you don't think humans are a higher species than any other species you have a few roos loose in the top paddock mate.

2. If you wish to preace about lessening your impact, don't come on the internet. That simple act alone uses a butt-load of energy that contributes to pollution/climate change and that other rubbish. Not to mention the 1000s of computers it takes to keep you online.

3. Errrr - wrong. Humans have evolved to be omnivores. They need both meat and plant matter to survive. It is wholly more unhealthy to live solely on plants. Much the same as it would be detrimental to live solely on meat.

4. See above post about how vegeterianism impacts on the planet. Large land clearances, tonnes of fertiliser/pesticides, needless slaughter of animals during harvest and the rest.

5. You're of course conveniently ignoring the amount of water it takes to fuel the machines (and make the machines) used for ploughing, used for sowing, used for harvesting. Also the immense amounts of water used to clear the land (and wasted in doing so). The huge amounts of water plants take to grow (far more per day than a cow consumes). And don't forget to conveniently gloss over the amount of water that is used to make fertilisers and pesticides.

6. Do you realise soybeans taste like crap?

7. I did about 5 assignments on this stuff for ecology last year.

8. I've never heard a bigger lie in my entire life.

You seem the kind of person that would support PETA despite the fact they are the biggest cause of animal euthanasia in the world.. The kind of person who would campaign against mulesing Australian sheep despite the fact you've never seen one being eaten by maggots while it was still alive.

As for us being "cruel" in our perceptions of animals and life (as I'm sure you do think), I'm studying to be a vet and in the next 10 years I'll probably help more animals than you will in your entire life by eating tofu.

Sorry for the long post everyone!
THANK YOU :worship: .. lol you took the words rght outa my mouth.. uhh fingers.

an answer to number 3 if i may add,
humans are saposed to have the same diet as chimps. except lower the bug intake and about 30-40% more meat.

also we evovled to become a dominate species on this planet... and if we didnt eat a balance of meat and vegies our brains wouldnt have become as advanced.

also i would say it takes just enough land if not more for crops and nto just soy beans, ive bin to soy bean farms and ive bin to farms that raise cows and i honestly have seen more de-foresting to plant crops than to house cows.

my families farm had about 800+ cows on there farm on about 600 acres and a farm that had chickens and that only takes up a half acre.. maybe that and i have bin on farms that have planted soy or corn that take up around 1000 acres and growing and what philK said was true the different furtilizers and pesticides used for farming are more detremental than a cows fart.. so please get into your hybrid car, chomp on a carro stick think about what phil and me have said and go away

Last edited:

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
True that!

so please get into your hybrid car, chomp on a carro stick think about what phil and me have said and go away
I don't disagree with your opinion thedude, but I can at least see the spirit behind what poodle is trying to say. Telling him to take his opinion, which he is entitled to hold and argue, and go away is not conducive for good discussion. Peace :)

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Poodle is a girl. And a pretty one at that!

I agree it's perfectly OK for her to have her opinion, just as it is erfectly OK for everyone to have their own opinions. I'm just correcting the beliefs she has that are wrong.

It's something I constantly have to do with being a vet and castrating/mulesing/de-horning/tail docking... it's all wah wah wah with everyone!

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's something I constantly have to do with being a vet and castrating/mulesing/de-horning/tail docking... it's all wah wah wah with everyone!
True, that is why I would vaue your opinion more highly, in that you can't be overly sentimental in your job. Right and wrong can be pretty shady concepts though. I agree with poodle on one thing, and that is that I never deliberately kill anything if I can help it, but that is a personal philosophy.

Do you people realize that one pound of meat takes 2,500 to 3,000 gallons of water, yet a pound of wheat only takes about 25 gallons of water?
Just so poodle doesn't feel alone ;) isn't there at least some truth in this? I remember doing something for biology about the energy pyramid, that says 90% of energy is lost up each step of the pyramid. That is why the biomass of the top echelons of the pyramid is much smaller than the lower end.

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It depends how specific you get. In the end, plants use way more water (something like 50L a day per plant is not unusual in a crop scenario... or 500L... something huge). Plus there is more machinery involved in crops, and these all need to be made (lots of water) and need to run on oil and petrol (water, water). Fertiliser and pesticide uses alot of water too. Not to mention plants end up functioning as huge wicks, drawing water out of the ground and releasing it through stomata into the air.

As for deliberately killing stuff, every time you eat meat you've been responsible for the death of an animal, no matter how indirectly. Every time you eat bread you're responsible for the death of animals during harvesting/growing.. You can't escape it.

There's nothing wrong with deliberately killing animals. I'll have to put down 1000s of animals in my life time. Does that make me a bad person? Feeding insects to your inverts is killing animals deliberately. etc etc etc

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As for deliberately killing stuff, every time you eat meat you've been responsible for the death of an animal, no matter how indirectly. Every time you eat bread you're responsible for the death of animals during harvesting/growing.. You can't escape it.
Oh I agree-I'm under no misapprehension there. But by the same token, that does not then mean, just because things die, you can go round killing whatever you want. Perhaps I should rephrase-I don't like killing stuff directly, where I have a choice. I have to eat, one way or another, so I can't help it animals are killed in land clearing. But I can decide whether or not I'm going to squash a spider or let outside, if you know what I mean.

There's nothing wrong with deliberately killing animals. I'll have to put down 1000s of animals in my life time. Does that make me a bad person?
It certainly does not, and I didin't mean to imply that. I see it as a form of altruism actually-sometimes it is kinder to put an animal down than let it live.

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
OK I agree. I too wouldn't kill something for fun. Though somethings I do kill, even though I could let them out. The roaches I get in my house you could saddle up and ride and they gross me out so severely they usually get half a can of Baygon on them.

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lol, fly spray is a touchy subject in my house-with a room full of inverts I won't tolerate it near my room lol

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wanting to save every animal isn't completely natural either, but as the self-proclaimed "higher species" position that humans like to think of themselves as, even though we aren't, I believe that we should have a moral obligation to cause as little pain and suffering on the earth as possible, even though this one statement is basically just my opinion, but anyone who is actually knowledgeable and actually aware of just how much damage we cause and doesn't feel the same is probably just heartless and/or just selfish if you ask me.
I am studying to be an evolutionary biologist who deals with insects.

This means that when I recieve my PHD, I hope to study and understand how various species of insects are changing in response to the environment.

I am very aware of how much damage we cause and I hope to be one of the people who helps understand exactly how much damage we cause to the environment. Keep this in mind when you are reading my posts.

Whether or not you are vegetarian (I've already shot that facade of moral superiority to shreds, BTW) has nothing to do with this. Mr. I merely killed an invasive species that (like mice and rats, I might add) has established itself around the globe by hitching rides on cargo ships, airplanes and the like.

The fact you are getting on his case because of this pretty much proves you have no idea what you're talking about. You're rambling on and on about how much damage humans cause to the environment, but turn right around and chide someone for fixing one of our mistakes with the sole of his shoe.

Brilliant example of critical thought.

See above.

Most of that forest which is destroyed by slash and burn agriculture is actually done for crops. The farmers move on and slash and burn another plot of land when that land is no longer fertile enough for crops.

Vegetarianism is actually a much, much better diet both for us(because it's healthier) and for the planet and environment as well, for those that felt the need to insult it, and as I state once again for those of you with poor reading comprehension skills, not that I'm trying to offend any meat eaters or anything. Do you people realize that one pound of meat takes 2,500 to 3,000 gallons of water, yet a pound of wheat only takes about 25 gallons of water? Did you know that meat uses over 20 times the amount of land to grow the same amount of protein as soybeans? Do you all realize that raising animals for livestock is actually one of the leading man made causes of methane gas/carbon dioxide pollutants in the atmosphere, possibly contributing to global warming? The land that's taken up for growing vegetables/soy products/etc. is literally WAY less than the amount of land taken up for growing animals for meat and the like. Obviously, we live in a world of limited resources for those of you that didn't know, so my views are far more than just for moral reasons.
Did you know that a vegan diet actually kills more animals than a diet composed soley of free range meat?

I mean, seriously...you're killing a bare minimum of one billion mice per year just eating vegetables, and that's assuming that a bare minimum of one mouse per acre of farmland killed per year. Populations of mice can fall as much as 50% right after the harvest.

During a mouse plague, a farmer will kill about half a million mice per day with a poison that makes them bleed to death from the inside out.

That's hardly a cute and fuzzy side to the crop business, isn't it?

Of course, this poison bioaccumulates in the predators and scavengers of these mice and causes thousands or millions more casualities indirectly.

Of course, I suppose you're going to drop some BS on me about 'well my dite klls less lolol!!1!!!'...

...well, I'm not the one with ethical qualms about it. By having ethical qualms about killing animals and then endorsing a process which must kill animals by neccessity, you expose not only your own bias but your own hypocrisy.

Who cares if animals don't die as a direct consequence to your diet?

The methods which produce your diet still kill billions of animals per year. Trillions, actually because you obviously have qualms about killing insects.

Of course, I'll also make sure that from now on your diet kills animals as a direct result of it as well...but that will have to wait until the end of my post.

Mr. I made a quite funny post about killing a species that has introduced itself around the world as a minor pest species.

Get over yourself.

Don't bring up your particular dietary preferance because it has nothing to do with this situation.

The vegan diet is not morally superior to anything, it's more hypocritical than anything.

And don't bring water consumption to it because you have no room to talk there, either. There's an area the size of New Jersey in the Gulf of Mexico where absolutely nothing can live because of fertilizer and pesticide runoff from farming. It's called the dead zone and it's not the only one...there are dozens around the world all caused by the same thing.

You know about the Crown of Thorns starfish that's decimating the great barrier reef?

Also connected to runoff from agrifarming.

How much do you know about environmental damage?

I could go on and on about problems arising from traditional non-livestock farming ventures, and the problems that would arise if fertilizer use increased but I think the above examples are more than enough to prove my point.

Livestock farming is just another example of a type of farming that's bad for the environment, but animal rights groups like to highlight and exaggerate the environmental problems associated with livestock farming while downplaying the problems associated with crop farming because it fits into their political agenda.

Both have serious problems associated with themselves and they're both equally harmful to the environment.

Furthermore, for those of you that felt compelled to label me as "high and mighty" as I predicted before I even started typing my first post in here, once again, learn to read. I stated specifically that I wasn't trying to offend any meat eaters and that I wasn't trying to act better than anyone else, I simply said I thought it was interesting to point out given the circumstances.
Your arguments are soley from the vantage point of percieved moral superiority...don't give me that.

The intent of your posts is blatantly obvious from even a quick scan and saying this does nothing to hide your motives.

Even more ridiculous, those that felt the need to call me "misguided"... ehh, do your research first people. Go ahead and look it up, you'd be very surprised. Pretty much everything I stated was a solid fact, aside from stuff that I openly said was just my informed opinion. I try as hard as I can to only go by facts and to be as scientific as possible to avoid being wrong. Arguing against scientific facts is just futile. The way I see it, if you can't back up what you say with facts, then you really might as well not say anything at all.
You used facts from biased sources...or at least made your posts biased. I've actually bothered to look at the facts and crunch the numbers long before you arrived on this scene. I know what I'm talking about and I know far more than most people about this sort of thing.

You've never taken a shower?

You've never washed your hands?

You post on a site that's dedicated to predatory invertebrates and you've never tossed any one of them a cricket?

You've never slapped a mosquito? Stepped on a roach? Hit a bug with your car?

Destroyed a spiderweb?

You've never eaten a product that used fertilizer or pesticides in it's production?

Have you ever eaten...period?

Do you own diamonds?

What about gold?

Do you own a cellphone?

Do you use electricity?

Do you eat food produced by mass farming methods?

Do you live in a house?

Drive on an interstate?

Pay taxes?

You have killed animals before, whether you like it or not. Killing any sort of animal or being indirectly responsible for it's death is pretty much unavoidable.

Your hypocrisy becomes even more amusing when you go as far as to denounce people who step on insects, especially when you take a look at how fast they reproduce.

You are a misguided environmentalist...plain and simple. Half your 'facts' sound like they're parroted from animal rights groups who have a tendancy to be oblivious to what they're talking about.

In fact, I'll tell you what. From now on, I will kill 5* roaches from my lobster roach colony every night until you post a picture of yourself eating a hamburger with a side of ribs in the Who's Behind the Computer? thread. They will not be fed to anything, merely flushed down the toilet like the dead animals you leave in the farm feilds to rot for you to obtain your sustinence.

For every animal that you don't kill, I'll kill five of the animals I raise for my pets to eat* per day for no other reason than just to spite you.

It's really nothing out of my way...the colony produces hundreds of new individuals for every one I kill and now you pretty much have to eat meat because eating a hamburger that equals about 1/10000th of a cow suddenly causes less direct animal fatalities than you being a vegan, even if the meat comes from five different animals. Or twenty.

Oh...and I'm totally not trying to offend any vegans or vegetarians. Just so you all know. Don't let my posts fool you...I am totally not trying to be mean in any sort of way.

See?

A disclaimer doesn't really hide any motives. The very least you could do is be honest and admit that you see yourself as somehow morally superior instead of being condecending and passive-aggressive.

Oh...and that lobster roach thing starts tonight at midnight.

Poodle is a girl. And a pretty one at that!
so please get into your hybrid car, chomp on a carro stick think about what phil and me have said and go away
You know what? I checked out her myspace and if she's cute she can totally stay. I am not in support of kicking any girls out of the clubhouse...no matter how misguided they might be. Especially if they're cute. :)

I'd just need to see a picture of her face without a ton of contrast and without most of the view being blocked by hair.

Stupid myspace angles.

;)

*Yes, I know it's a total rip off of Maddox's article on vegans...bite me. It's perfectly appropriate in this case.

Last edited:

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cheshire, for your awesomeness I will give you anything you desire! I was going to start eating live crickets again out of spite but your idea is much better. I salute you!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cheshire, for your awesomeness I will give you anything you desire! I was going to start eating live crickets again out of spite but your idea is much better. I salute you!
Anything I want?

;P Careful...I might take you up on that. ;P

You know...it amazes me. I've yet to meet a vegetarian who was actually raised on a farm, or has even had any experience with farming at all. They just assume that farmers are good people who don't eat meat or recreationally hunt and get off the combine to shoo unsuspecting animals out from in front of the machine.

Every single vegetarian I've met was a city kid born and raised who has never had any sort of experience with food production and has led a relatively sheltered life in terms of actually seeing how things are actually produced. This is why they get upset over documentaries like 'Meet Your Meat'.

They also tend to be very moved by emotional pleas and will center their decisions and research around their emotions.

The difference between me and them is that I've actually had to stand before a combine and try to figure out the best way to untangle a deer's neck from it's front legs so I could unclog the thing and get my friend back to work harvesting his crops.

I could go into the gruesome details, but I'm pretty sure nobody wants to visualize what it would look like to pull the deer's hind leg out of it's ribcage.

I'd take a metal spike to the neck any day over that...even if they miss once or twice.

Have no illusions...life isn't pretty. Not one part of it. This is what happens in the real world...whether you want to see it or not.

No point in hiding from it.

Last edited: