I killed a pede today...

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what joke?
i still don't see one.
If you can't get me refrencing a simple post, then I'm not going to bother explaining it. Either you get the fact I was referencing the joke made in the first post by Mr. I and telling the poster who dug up a year old thread just to bitch at an admin to lighten up or you don't understand a single word I've written in my posts.

Welcome to my ignore list, troll.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you can't get me refrencing a simple post, then I'm not going to bother explaining it. Either you get the fact I was referencing the joke made in the first post by Mr. I and telling the poster who dug up a year old thread just to bitch at an admin to lighten up or you don't understand a single word I've written in my posts.

Welcome to my ignore list, troll.
the latter was the case, here,Captain Pwn3d.
i simply didn't get the joke.

let me quote you from your post above.
Time for life to become a lot less serious ;)

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I thought this message board was for people that actually liked arachnids and their relatives, not for ignorant bugstompers. What do you want? A brownie badge? Grow up! Save your posts for information sharing as that is the purpose of this forum. The sad thing about it is you are one of the administrators and are supposed to be setting an example for the rest of us.
Hi. Welcome to last year. Who are you again? I may have been introduced in the past, but what with the 5 years and hundreds of hours of volunteer service I've spent here, I'm sure you can sympathize that the colors of various feeble newbs have all sort of run together in my brain by now.

Here's your cookie for being such a better person than me. Yay!

They can't survive in the wild.. what did they do before people colonised properly? Or are they introduced...?

How is it a pest, if it eats all the roaches and stuff in your house?
Yeah, they're a pest species that was never native to this area until brought over from Africa on ships. I consider them pests because I consider all non-native species pests by definition, and because it annoys me when organisms use my house without my permission. I don't have roaches in my house except for the 5000 in the giant Rubbermaid in my basement... there's not much for them to eat anyway, I haveOrkin come and treat all rooms but the bug room every 8 weeks.

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You sound like a bug lover who hates bugs :p !!
You consider all non-natives pests? Even dogs and cats and whatnot? Or are we just talking bugs here?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You consider all non-natives pests? Even dogs and cats and whatnot? Or are we just talking bugs here?
They are an introduced species and thus should be afforded no protection.

I personally would like to see cats become legal to shoot outside of city limits...but that's just me. Ferral cats are one of the biggest environmental disaster this world has ever seen, able to wipe out entire species without so much as a blink of an eye from environmental groups because of their 'soft and cuddly' status..

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

I personally would like to see cats become legal to shoot outside of city limits...but that's just me. Ferral cats are one of the biggest environmental disaster this world has ever seen, able to wipe out entire species without so much as a blink of an eye from environmental groups because of their 'soft and cuddly' status..
DOWN WITH OUTDOOR CATS!!!

i have a cat whom i love, and with whom i am well pleased... and he does not set claw one out of my house (he wouldn't want to anyways)... for exactly as chesh said

further... cats are one of the few predators that kill without eating their "prey". i personally don't think cats are sophisticated enough to call true sadists... but then again...

i am actually steeling myself to kill all the brown widows i find. they are just too damn successful. they will push native sp. and fill all sorts of niches that were the sole province of some groovy native in the blink of an eye. comb-foots are cheaters!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer

i have a cat whom i love, and with whom i am well pleased... and he does not set claw one out of my house (he wouldn't want to anyways)... for exactly as chesh said

further... cats are one of the few predators that kill without eating their "prey". i personally don't think cats are sophisticated enough to call true sadists... but then again...

i am actually steeling myself to kill all the brown widows i find. they are just too damn successful. they will push native sp. and fill all sorts of niches that were the sole province of some groovy native in the blink of an eye. comb-foots are cheaters!
Are they steadotea or L. geometricus?

If it's the latter, I know a place where a few can stay.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are they steadotea or L. geometricus?

If it's the latter, I know a place where a few can stay.
geos

i find lots of what i assume are steatoda, too... but i am not familiar enough to winnow out invaders

i will try to grab up some geos now, instead of killing them all

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer

"if ye loveth jesus ye must kill a kitten" - Stephen Lynch

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If something bothers me.
It dies.
Simply and pure.
If a cricket bites me it either gets fed to Sephiq or I set it on fire and eat it myself.
It's the rule here.
It isn't cruelty. It's life. The world is cruel. So I embrace it.
I try not to waste a kill. If it dies by my hands it probably tresspassed, ate my food, bit me or whatever, and if it does this it becomes food or entertainement.

Brettus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If something bothers me.
It dies.
Simply and pure.
If a cricket bites me it either gets fed to Sephiq or I set it on fire and eat it myself.
It's the rule here.
It isn't cruelty. It's life. The world is cruel. So I embrace it.
I try not to waste a kill. If it dies by my hands it probably tresspassed, ate my food, bit me or whatever, and if it does this it becomes food or entertainement.
I though this forum was for an informed discussion of keeping invert's. I suggest if you want to discuss your particularly disturbing world views take it to some emo forum instead of here.

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's actually rather disappointing to hear on a forum such as this, where I had initially thought the members were all informed, tolerant, open-minded, etc. and essentially had a love and respect not just for members of the phylum arthropoda, but for all animal life in general, but it appears that I was sadly mistaken. Any self respecting naturalist should have a moral obligation not to cause any creature any kind of harm that is unnecessary, this is common knowledge.

Quite ironic when I hear people complaining about arthropods and the like in "their" homes as a futile attempt to justify their dishonorable, distasteful actions... not only because it sounds like typical ignorant redneck logic, but also because we're talking about hundreds of millions of years of evolution here, and the first animals to leave the primordial seas and walk the earth. If anything, we're invading "their" homes. Every animal plays an important part in the ecosystem, every animal except for humans, that is.

No, instead we do nothing but use, consume, and destroy, not contributing a single thing, aside from the efforts of some select few individuals who try valiantly to protect the environment, but as a whole, we are nothing but a plague. By definition, we are the ultimate "parasites" to planet earth. If anything, we should be the ones that are exterminated. None of us have the right to do such things that are so unnecessary, especially the taking of another's life for no reason. Darwin himself always stressed that one should never think of any species as being "inferior" or "superior" to one another. We simply all evolved and adapted in different ways, and somewhere far back in the mists of time, we probably all share a common ancestor. The human race and its utter stupidity just disgusts me for the most part.

It's also even more ironic when I hear some that attempt to justify such actions by speaking of death being the "natural" way. Ehh, excuse me, but in case you weren't aware of the obvious, we're living in 1st class countries, exploiting the planet in countless "unnatural" ways, driving cars, and on computers for Christ's sake. If you really wish to speak of the "natural" way, then strip naked and go live completely unarmed in forests that are hundreds of miles from civilization. 99% of you wouldn't last 3 days in such conditions. Then, and only then can one speak of the "natural" way without looking completely retarded and being a complete and utter hypocrite.

It should also be noted that incidentally, according to studies done in the U.K. there is a strong correlation between those that condone animal cruelty and those with lower IQ scores. The studies also imply that vegetarians and the like have higher IQ scores on average as well, not that I'm trying to offend any meat eaters by stating any of this, I just thought it was interesting to point out and slightly relevant.

But sadly, often there is no use talking common sense into people. The majority of them simply refuse to educate and enlighten themselves, but then again, that's another one of many reasons that I dislike the human population. I'm not going to start any arguments however, for that is unnecessary, but I just thought I should state the facts.

Choobaine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Calm down folks, it's just a forum. What they do will not affect your life. If it hurts don't read it. There's no point subjecting yourself to undue pain you can't deal with. Just let it go.

If crickets get loose my parents utterly slaughter them. It bothers me when I pay for them, that's good money and food going to waste. Funny enough I have too many now, if I still have an excess at the end of the week it's stir fry time! :D

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i do...if they arent pets. What i mean is , feral dogs and cats shoudl be exterminated. as well as feral pigs and any non native critter that is lifing in the wild. Domestic cats are a terrible thing, who ever came up wiht that idea should be tormented for all eternity.
But i find that many people are pests even more lol
but then again thats a totally differant discussion lol

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

be carefull that you specify housecats. or domestic cats or feral cats. the native cats are an important part of the eco system . domestic cats are an evil evil thing

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Poodle: valiant effort, but you aren't about to change anyone's way of thinking with your preaching. For someone who hates how much people have raped the earth.. I bet you drive a car, buy your veggies, and use a computer. All of these things put buttloads of pollutants into the planet. Who's the hypocrite now?

Pointing out the vegos have higher IQs is in no way relevant at all, seeing as being a vego is about as 'unnatural' a human can get. I'm so sick of vegos acting high and mighty too! You may not eat meat, but the fact you eat only veggies ups the amount of land that has to be cleared for you to be provided with food. This land was the site of delicate balances in the wild and homes to many animals. Fertiliser and chemicals are then used on your crops that run off into rivers, pollute the environemtn, and kill countless numbers of your beloved arthropods. Then come harvest time, any animals that have etched ut a living in the crop fields are uprooted, often killed by harvestrs, and left to rot.. At least we eat the animals we kill!