I just want to make sure my h spinifer care is up to speed

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
1" baby. I keep her next to a heating pad I stuck to a heat conductive brick, as I'm worried my pad would melt the plastic. She's kept at 27-28*c, with the side of her enclosure pressed up against my bookshelf wall, which remains rather cool.

I'm about to refill her water dish again. She's kept on high humidity with ventilation on the tops and sides. I've never seen her climb her cork bark, though she sometimes strays into the moss. Usually, she hides underneath one of her pieces of cork bark. Should I provide some sort of hanging cover to entice her to climb up more often? I cut them at an angle so they're flush to the ground and not difficult to climb up.

Is it big enough sidewise? Too big? Too wet?

Screenshot_20190609-211537.png

Screenshot_20190609-211344.png

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Great little setup. It's a perfect size for a baby

Few things though... the substrate is a bit too damp. It should only slightly be moist and keep the water dish filled for this species. They love to soak in water dishes.
I would avoid using a heat Matt. And use a bulb instead

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
Great little setup. It's a perfect size for a baby

Few things though... the substrate is a bit too damp. It should only slightly be moist and keep the water dish filled for this species. They love to soak in water dishes.
I would avoid using a heat Matt. And use a bulb instead
I'll change out the substrate when I get home. She's not on the heatmat, but next to it so she doesn't overheat. I just found it easier to make a gradient.