I injured her

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
I was catching a senior female Phidippus Audax, and I accidentally injured her front leg. I don’t want to release her because this injury seems to have impaired her ability to get around. What should I do, should I somehow disable her prey? Like take off their legs or, is their some other care that I must take attention to. Does anyone else have any experience caring for an Injured jumping spider?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Just feed smaller prey, like normal. You’re going to have to observe and alter feeding accordingly to how it responds.

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Thanks, I don’t actually think she is a senior anymore, I think she is in premolt, on her way to the sixth instar.

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Whoa, I just got a ventral view and it turns out it is just an extremely fat male!

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If it’s about to molt it will hopefully grow the leg back. In the meantime small prey should work. I would use pre-killed as a last resort if that doesn’t work.

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
He ended up dropping two, I think I didn’t notice the other one

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
He molted but since he was already so close to molting he didn't regrow it first and second leg on his right side, I feel really bad so I am obligated to make his life even better than when he had all of his legs. He is now 5th instar

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Arrgghhh, I hate my clumsiness, I saw a young mantis so I caught it but when I was transferring it to a new enclosure I injured it’s leg. I know next to nothing about caring for mantises especially for one with impaired mobility