I hurt my own T!!!!!

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Wow i can't believe I just did that. I tried to feed my little A.versi today but it would not eat so i assumed it's in pre molt. Not wanting to leave that cricket in the enclosure (having heard hungry cricket horror story's) I went in after it.Needless to say my buddy got between the cricket and the tweezers and I accidentally smashed his front left leg.He seemed to only bleed for a short time cleaning his own wound periodically,I fully expected him to remove the leg but he did not.My question is to you fine people will the leg heal and allow him to molt normally or will he loose the leg.the wound seems to be on the tip of his pad if this helps clarify.thanks for the input.

Beating myself up! Mike :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
you shmuck.

I can't believe I did that I'm sorry little buddy!!!:wall::wall::wall::wall::mad:

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Accidents happen, don't kick yourself because of it. As far as what will happen with the leg, I'll let a more experienced person answer.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If the leg section is still functional it leave it be and the damage will be repaired with the next molt. If it is not functional and causes problems, it will self amputate and again repair with the next molt. If the bleeding has stopped it will be fine.
I received a large female G pulchra that had a damaged tarsus. It just flopped about and was not functional. A few weeks later she had removed it. She now walks about using the affected leg as though nothing were wrong.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, don't you just want to hit your head on the wall :wall:when you do that. But most of us have at one time or another. I think the little one will be okay. :)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I was wondering how big your versi is? The leg will be fine like everyone said. at least it wasnt its "head" LOL

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
My A.versi is probably 3/4" tiny little guy.He favors the leg a little but has kept up web production.Thanks for all the responses.When I did it I freaked out and had to reach out to my people.This is my first T injury and I worried like an over protective parent should.All in all no big deal.:worship:

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, don't stress it Mike! The only thing I ask... Did you learn from your mistake? If you answered YES.... then you get a :clap: If you answered No... then you get a :barf:

We have all been there! And the ones that say they haven't are not keeping T's at all or are lying.

2 molts, you will most likely never even know the difference... and Neither will your versi! :)

tarantulagooroo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I haven't yet:( so does that mean Im not keeping T's? lol but I am bound to do it sooner or later. right now the colection is at 2. but anyways, she will be fine like already stated :p

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I get a :clap: not a:barf:.I love my T's but still have lots to learn.
AWESOME!!! That's all I ask! If you learn from mistakes, you will have a long and rewarding hobby!

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I haven't yet:( so does that mean Im not keeping T's? lol but I am bound to do it sooner or later. right now the colection is at 2. but anyways, she will be fine like already stated :p
2 T's... don't worry, it'll happen! You too can learn!

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Just checked my versi on the way out the door, seems he got fed up with the leg.:confused: oh well.