I honestly cannot believe this...

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So arrive home late last night only to see my A.Avic practically limp in his web hammock. I thought that he would be dehydrated (which it didnt' appear to be) and on it's last breaths 'til death so I immediately removed him and placed him upside down on a flat surface. Taking a water dropper, I put a few droplets of water on his chelicerae and they disappeared which I assumed he had taken. A few minutes had passed and he was barely moving and then all of a sudden, I noticed the book lungs and the small area around the beginning of the abdomen turn a brown and start to crack. My Avic was molting! I don't know what could have caused it, but basically I rescued him from what I thought was a certain death because he might not have had the adequate room to molt? Anyways, I watched the entire molt process and nursed him until he could walk into the enclosure. He's doing great now!

Beeker

Arachnopeon
Well atleast you didn't have him die on you, though anytime you see you Tarantula on it's back it's best not to move them, i've seen my Avic's molt in the wierdest positions and where their tube webs didn't look big enough to molt in at all. They all turned out fine in the end

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Like the previous person said its usually best to leave them alone when they are molting. There is a big difference from the way a T looks when it is dead and when it is molting. I am not criticizing what you did, i freaked out with my rose hair's last molt.

I have a cobalt blue that molts underground in a tunnel and she hasn't had any problems, its kinda weird.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Apparently Avics can molt anywhere anyhow. Here is a picture of my Avics last molt. I didn’t see her do it….wish I had though.

Steph

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i completely agree with what you guys are saying, but in all my past molt experiences I gotta say that I've never had any other issues like this with my other T's. it was out of the norm and that's why I decided to investigate. My rationale was thinking that if I didn't move him, he would have died. I've seen him on his back before and what I thought was in the early stages of premolt until my brother made a loud noise and the Avic just stopped. Well, the important thing is that he's molted.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And he's still alive. But they can molt in places we don't think possible. I just had one the other day. I never saw the process, but the area didn't look big enough.