I heart Holothele Incei (pics of the beautiful trinidad olive)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats IN-CEE-I :)

anyother pics?!

this ones still in the sling-juvie phase. I'm a-waitin fer t-puberty to hit.. and the inevitable "dad, can i have the car?". whoa. i'm only 23, kid =D

so i'm gonna drop the first pic now. I really must find my real cam so you can REALLY see the pure beauty of the deep olives and creams of this beautiful creature. Much like Catherine Zeta Jones.. although she doesn't have 1/2" fangs.. at least i don't think.... :)

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
damn this dig cam, doesn't do it justice! That deep dark carapace next to the olive abdomen and cream-coloured legs makes me shudder.. well, maybe not, but.. you know :)

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

dave that is an awesome looking t! i want a few:), did'nt you get that for relativy cheap? i was looking over a pricelist and they don't seem to cheap at all, awesome score dude!--Jeff

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
That T looks surprisingly alot like a P. Irminia except with different coloring. Very Nice T.

TheDon

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
don- once i get my real camera out it won't :) But youre right, it kind of does in the pics.. but not so much in real life!

weapon -- yeah, i got that bad boy for REAL cheap! They're a real beautiful spider and the molt into some beautiful BEAUTIFUL colours.. a T that never stops surprising you! I can't wait to see some other pics, but from what i can surmise, not too many people have Holothele.... I want more pics!!

I was hoping Johnny would, but.. i dunno -- do you johnny?!

peace
dave

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Now see what you've gone and done Dave...lol...I've got two slings on their way.They are quite an awesome looking T.Just had to get a couple after seeing those pics.I'll post a couple of pics when they arrive.I can't seem to find much info on them so any info you can pass my way would be appreciated...peace...

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
HALF-@SSED CARESHEET :)

hey pelo -

NICE !!! It's always great when someone buys a T after being prompted by some of your pics :)

Here's a little info on the species:

Location:It comes from Trinidad, around the scrublands of the tropical areas in the country...

Type:It's a mix of both arboreal and terrestrial. I've noticed mine up in the air, on the ground, and burrowing. It seems to spend MOST of its time in a burrow though. Not an EXTENSIVE burrower, and you won't be caring for dirt. Watching the colour change of this T is amazing!

Size:I believe the size to get no more than 5inches (depending on the sex of course. Not how much, but what kind ;P)

Growth:It's a pretty quick grower, you'll be pretty surprised!!

Temp: 75-80F

Humidity: 75-80%

Temperment: Pretty Aggressive And Defensive, though I'm getting up the gall to handle this bad boy.. the carapace has the most beautiful starburst-y feel to it. As it grows older, the colours soften up and the legs get a deeper creamy-olive colour to it, with an all-around olive setae colouration.. the starburst feel on the carapace sticks around forever :)

Environment: I'd say a cage that has equal height and floor space. It will burrow itself, but i also keep some large sticks/half bark on it its side, so it can attach its webbing and hang out near the top for a bit if its wants :)

What To Feed: the normal... you know the deal.

Webbing: this T, I've found, webs quite a bit. Not like an usumbara per se, but a good amount.

whew.
alright. enough of that.
Please post pics back here when you get the T! Where did you get it, by the way? I haven't found too many people who keep this T! It's a great addition to any collection! Enjoy buddy!

peace
dave :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
uhh, i mean our T's, not us.. i dont get down like that :)

alright
later
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
uh.. ok.

at any rate i'm pretty stoked about someone else getting an incei!

peace
dave

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah...my dad's friend has one of these...i'm so jealous of all you guys that own them, they are such an awesome T to just sit and watch.

Risto

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
def very true.. how big is your dads friends?
T that is.
male or female (do youknow, bud?)

peace
dave

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
full grown female...dont know the exact size because she was half way in and half way out of her burrow.

Risto

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
HOLY SNOOPY!

Why have I not heard of this genus? If I have heard of this genus, why did I forget about it.

That sling is AWESOME!

So what is the deal with this genus/species?

Terrestrial/Arborial?
Docile/Aggressive?

What else?

Besides Rick West's site, where can I find adult pictures of these?

AWESOME!!!

Jon

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, to answer my own question, and hopefully others:

http://giantspiders.crosswinds.net/H_incei_species.html

Per John Hoke's species information list: Holothele incei, Trinidad Olive. A burrowing species found in Trinidad that may web extensively and live in the web. The overall body color is brown with greenish brown hairs on the legs, carapace and abdomen. This is a small tarantula that probably has a life span of 10 or more years.

Jon

PS, if I find more information, I will certainly add it!

PPS, what is the going rate on this species?

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I always thought this was a more drab looking T'. but now that I see the pic I do believe I'll have to add 1 to my collection. and in about 3 weeks I'll have a new computer and getting whats called a digital camcorder I don't know if it will take still pics or not but I can always take a still frame from a video.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Jon -
flip back to the first page of this thread, i posted a somewhat half-@ssed caresheet --- tells you everything you need to know, including my own little un-witty quips :)

and johnny- def throw some pics up when you finally get one!
They're beautiful T's!
They are a much smaller T, which is kind of cool. I can't wait till this baby gets full grown, I'll be placing her(?) next to one of my blondis... the biggest of the big and one of the smallest of the smaller Ts :)

I'm glad people dig this species!!! It's a, in my opinion, relatively obscure T that not too many people have or trade. But great for anyones collection.

skadi- thanks!!!! I havent heard from you in a while :) how are your kids doing?! =D

peace
dave