I haven’t seen my T in a week

Lynnli03

Arachnopeon
So I got my first tarantula (he’s a Mexican red rump) in April 2020, and he molted once everything went well, but recently I hadn’t seen him in a few days and I figured he was molting, so I didn’t feed him. I haven’t seen him in a week maybe longer. I keep him in a glass terrarium, and look at him through the glass and he looked okay, but I’m not sure if I should start feeding him again, or if he’s okay.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
So I got my first tarantula (he’s a Mexican red rump) in April 2020, and he molted once everything went well, but recently I hadn’t seen him in a few days and I figured he was molting, so I didn’t feed him. I haven’t seen him in a week maybe longer. I keep him in a glass terrarium, and look at him through the glass and he looked okay, but I’m not sure if I should start feeding him again, or if he’s okay.
If it seals off its burrow just leave it be and keep water dish filled

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
Get more T so you have stuff to do. They will seal the burrow in premolt. Be patient.

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
I haven't seen one of my Ts in 6 months. I only know she's alive because sometimes the dirt has been moved around.

Get more T so you have stuff to do. They will seal the burrow in premolt. Be patient.
Agree. More Ts so one of them is always out. :D

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
I haven't seen one of my Ts in 6 months. I only know she's alive because sometimes the dirt has been moved around.
You may want to leave a prekilled prey by the entrance and remove it after a day.

sloth

Arachnoknight
Don’t stress it, a happy tarantula is a hiding tarantula. Be patient it’ll come back out eventually.

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
You may want to leave a prekilled prey by the entrance and remove it after a day.
In the past I tried leaving prekilled (mealworms, superworms, crickets) but she just leaves it there to rot. She ignores prekilled because she's deeper down in the burrow pushing the dirt around from underneath. She gets live food when she answers the door to come get it (or the occasional time she leaves the very tips of her toes out waiting for food). Don't worry, she's pretty chubby, she just doesn't care to eat or be seen very often.