I have two empeor black scorpions but i rarely see them?

kev48584

Arachnopeon
I'm new to scorpions and about a week or so i got some emperor scorpions and they haven't eaten, how much do they eat each week? and how many crickets each? and how can i make the tank warmer if the heater i bought for the cage is not doing any help? the humidity is 70% and the temperature is 75 degrees

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you want it hotter, you can try a heat lamp with an infrared heat bulb. Don't worry about them not eating--that's normal. I usually only feed mine 2-3 times a week and even then they don't eat often. My feeding is only 1 cricket per emp and if they don't eat, I take the prey item out. If you need more info on them, check out my signature :)

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Also you probably won't see much of them unless you are actually trying to(digging them out flipping hides) they like to stay hidden.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it's normal. mine hardly eat the food i give and they burrow and are gone :( like my colbalt blue, they are worth waiting for :D

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you'd care to see more of your Emp-Pet-hole, you could construct a premade burrow or 2 against the glass of your cage so you can see them even when they're in their burrow.
Examples:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=141279

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=140578

To make this work you need to:
- Get some long thin balloons like clowns use to make balloonimals
- Inflate one, put it up flat against the glass
- Compact dirt/peatmoss/whatever-else-you-use-for-a-sturdy-burrow all around it until you make a cave of dirt where one of the walls is the glass
- pop the ballon (if you dont want to have bits of balloon deep in the cave/burrow, you can put a piece of scotch tape on the ballon and stick a pin through the tape..the ballon will just deflate instead of pop)

If you wanna make sure the scorp can't dig away from the glass and hide, you can put a strip of plexi glass an inch or so away from the ballon and parallel to the glass (that goes all the way down to the bottom of the cage, spans the entire length of the burrow, and reaches to roughly the top of the cave).

Bury it in the dirt along with the ballon and it will act as a wall the scorp cant burrow through (so wherever it digs, it's always against the glass)