I have revised my Brazilian Black Slings enclosure

Darby Stevens

Arachnopeon
Okay understood, should I be putting anything other than substrate for any hiding or safe feeling or do you view it as completely unnecessary with slings this small? Just a water dish and some substrate?

Looks really good to me. Substrate level looks good, holes are nice, small and plentiful, it has a hide.
Awesome I’m excited the T will be able to be settled now.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Okay understood, should I be putting anything other than substrate for any hiding or safe feeling or do you view it as completely unnecessary with slings this small? Just a water dish and some substrate?
Honestly, the newest enclosure you posted pictures of should be fine. It's not bad for it to keep it like that, so it would just be nitpicky of me and probably annoying for you to redo it all over again. Lol. All I'll suggest is making the top of the water cap more level with the substrate as I suggested before. Think like an in-ground pool instead of an above ground one. :)

Darby Stevens

Arachnopeon
Honestly, the newest enclosure you posted pictures of should be fine. It's not bad for it to keep it like that, so it would just be nitpicky of me and probably annoying for you to redo it all over again. Lol. All I'll suggest is making the top of the water cap more level with the substrate as I suggested before. Think like an in-ground pool instead of an above ground one. :)
Awesome I’m glad I finally feel good about the enclosure I think getting that right is one of the trickiest things sometimes about loving tarantulas 😂 thanks for the info and help!

cold blood

Staff member
over size enclosures lead directly to reclusive behavior, which leads directly to slower growth....by a lot....the species grows slow enough, dont compound the slow growth with a large enclosure....I highly reccommend a simple 2oz cobdiment cup.

Dont encourage such slings to burrow excessively, or they will...and hiding slings eat less regularly and cannot be monitored in case something goes wrong.

Keep it simple.