I have no clue what's wrong with it

Tori1013

Arachnopeon
So I've had this little dude (or chick) for about two weeks now, and it didn't eat the first time I tried to feed it. I tried again and I'm assuming it ate because the cricket was dead. But now it's just sitting still in its cage and I have no idea if it's dead or molting. I don't want to mess with it, but I need to know if it's dead. Help??

-Tori

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Basically, he's just laying there with his legs pulled up. Not curled, just up next to his body.
That could be a sign that it's distressed/scared.

Even if you can't get a good picture of the tarantula, can you post a picture of its enclosure? We may be able to offer advice on how to improve the setup.

Tori1013

Arachnopeon
That could be a sign that it's distressed/scared.

Even if you can't get a good picture of the tarantula, can you post a picture of its enclosure? We may be able to offer advice on how to improve the setup.
This is what he came in. The chick that sold him to us said he's fine in it. He was moving around for a while after we got him.

Attachments

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Is it arboreal? That setup looks arboreal to me. There's alao a hide and waterdish missing..

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
Species is super important to how you are supposed to keep the tarantula. What is it?

Also agree with Andrea, regardless of species as long as it is a big enough sling you should keep a bottlecap/small acrylic dish in there for water.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Alao? Associazione Lombarda Amatori Orchidee? (Lombard Orchid Amateur Association) or Alao in American Samoa?

Well, in the meantime... Aloha :)

:troll:
I didn't know you were also an orchid connaisseur :kiss:

Sometimes my fingers trip over each other, damn small qwerty keyboard on this phone :D

Tori1013

Arachnopeon
Sorry guys, I just woke up.
He's a borneo black, and he hides underneath whatever the plant that's in there is.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Sorry guys, I just woke up.
He's a borneo black, and he hides underneath whatever the plant that's in there is.
Is this your first T? If yes, proceed with caution, since it is an Old World T and has potent venom and probably a bad temper. It is also very fast. I'm not familiar with that common name, but if it is from Borneo, above stated applies.

Edit:
Googled it, and you have a Lampropelma sp. Borneo, although I think they were revisited as well.
How big is it?

Last edited:

Tori1013

Arachnopeon
Is this your first T? If yes, proceed with caution, since it is an Old World T and has potent venom and probably a bad temper. It is also very fast. I'm not familiar with that common name, but if it is from Borneo, above stated applies.

Edit:
Googled it, and you have a Lampropelma sp. Borneo, although I think they were revisited as well.
How big is it?
He's tiny. Like, maybe an inch long. The girl we got him from said he's about 2 months old or something.

Edit: Yes, my first T

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Well, it's way too dry in there, a water dish needs to be added, and you obviously shouldn't a advanced species of you don't know a single thing about caring for it. Here's a my set up for my 1" L. So Borneo black. Try to IMG_20170128_141815385.jpg mimic it. Moist sub, hide, water dish. These guys are a little fragile as slings... They should also be about twice as much sub in my set up as these guys like to burrow when young.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Well, it's way too dry in there, a water dish needs to be added, and you obviously shouldn't a advanced species of you don't know a single thing about caring for it. Here's a my set up for my 1" L. So Borneo black. Try to mimic it.
it would help to actually attach the picture :D

@OP,
I think I would sell/trade this species for a NW species. It grows fast, and will probably outgrow you carewise in a month. The venom, speed and temperament are no joke. If you decide to keep it, browse this forum for any and all info, and on info about OW in general.
Maybe you can return it to the seller?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
it would help to actually attach the picture :D

@OP,
I think I would sell/trade this species for a NW species. It grows fast, and will probably outgrow you carewise in a month. The venom, speed and temperament are no joke. If you decide to keep it, browse this forum for any and all info, and on info about OW in general.
Maybe you can return it to the seller?
Edited it in five min ago... ;)

Tori1013

Arachnopeon
I have no idea what to about him. His legs looked like they were moving slightly, but I don't know :(