I have found my new #1 fav. sling containers.. (Pictures)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So.. I got a bunch of H. gigas slings today... I once used the little round solo deli cups.. Never again! I was paying almost $6 for a pack of 25.. I thought they were perfect.. But you could only stack them about 3 high without them falling over..

I found some really awesome little containers that I can get for a $1 for a pack of 8 at my local dollar store.. If I run into the next town over I can get a pack of 10 for a $1.. So for $3 I can get more containers than the solo deli cups..

Anyways... I plan to pick up a bunch more of these here soon.. I might just go and drop $20-$30 just for the heck of it.. I will have like 200-300 little sling containers when I start breeding..

When I bought the solo deli cups for my G. rosea eggs I spent like $50 to get a little over 100 containers..

Anyways.. Here are some pictures.. :)

See... They are stackable! :D Stacked 5 high.. 2 rows of 6... Plus the front row..

Here is one of the dinky little H. gigas slings.. Wow.. Again I overestimated their sizes... {D

See how big these enclosures are compaired to the slings? :eek:

*Edit* Yes I know the sling above is missing a leg.. There were a few that are missing legs & some with a broken leg.. I am sure they will do just fine.. :)

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the dollar tree or the dollar general stores. im curious because i do have a ton of solo cups that i have to put in sterilite containers so they can be stacked up.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These are so cute and cool ! Where did you find them ? I NEED some lol

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the dollar tree or the dollar general stores. im curious because i do have a ton of solo cups that i have to put in sterilite containers so they can be stacked up.
The package of 8 were bought at the Family Dollar.. The package of 10 were being sold at some generic dollar store called "Everythings A Buck"...

I use to put the solo delis in a 10 gallon to get them all to stack to 4.. But even then they were a pain..

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ah I got some of these to from a dollar store to.I actually used mine to make ant farms tho hehe!
I have not tried them for slings yet but I'm sure they would work well!
I actually like the solo portion cups!They stack up to 4-5 tall for me with no problem and there pretty dam cheap to.I think for 6 dollars I get like close to 100 here at a local party store.I will house all the extra slings I have to sell in these,then when its time to be shipped I can also use them to ship the actual slings in to which is convenient.buying 1000's of tiny viles is way more expensive as I'm sure you know!
-Chris

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah I got some of these to from a dollar store to.I actually used mine to make ant farms tho hehe!
I have not tried them for slings yet but I'm sure they would work well!
I actually like the solo portion cups!They stack up to 4-5 tall for me with no problem and there pretty dam cheap to.I think for 6 dollars I get like close to 100 here at a local party store.I will house all the extra slings I have to sell in these,then when its time to be shipped I can also use them to ship the actual slings in to which is convenient.buying 1000's of tiny viles is way more expensive as I'm sure you know!
-Chris
The vials are way to expensive.. I went to my local party store.. They only sold small - large portion cups.. They were sold in a package of 25.. For $6..
If I could get 1000 of those for $6.. I would deff. spend $6 & get the 1000...

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah that's pretty pricey man!
Hey off topic here but since you have all these gigas slings why not just keep them all together or house them in groups of 10 or so each?They do awesome communally!Would be a fun project and also at the same time save you all the work of feeding them individually ;]
-Chris

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Hey off topic here but since you have all these gigas slings why not just keep them all together or house them in groups of 10 or so each?They do awesome communally!Would be a fun project and also at the same time save you all the work of feeding them individually ;]
-Chris
I thought that was his plan. He posted about it last week, if I remember correctly.

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
I love those containers. and the price. I'll have to check our dollar stores. The dollar store I went to last had containers, but the lids weren't secure enough. They larger than those because I was looking for something for our 2" LP. I didn't check that size.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
-Chris
I do plan to do a communal.. Im not going to do all of them.. Just about 10..
I thought that was his plan. He posted about it last week, if I remember correctly.
Im still going to do the communal.. Calm down! {D I never say I am going to do something then turn around & renege..
I love those containers. and the price. I'll have to check our dollar stores. The dollar store I went to last had containers, but the lids weren't secure enough. They larger than those because I was looking for something for our 2" LP. I didn't check that size.
Yeah.. These wouldnt work for a 2" LP.. They are 2.25x1.75x1.5
LxWxH I just rehoused my 2.5" G. pulchripes into a shoe box.. Its a tad big.. But will work for him for a while.. One of these days I am going to go to The Container Store in Dallas & get a bunch of those shoe containers like Robc has for all of my terrestrials.. Then put all my terrestrials in those.. IMO they are perfect!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You have GOTTA love those dollar stores for containers!!!

PIG-

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You have GOTTA love those dollar stores for containers!!!

PIG-
I know.. The only thing my dollar store fails on.. These are the only containers that I have ever found to be worth buying.. One day I am just going to have to send you some money & let you buy me some of those containers you get.. Then have you ship them to me! :D