I have an odd shaped enclosure...

JRsmallz

Arachnopeon
I have had this tank since my first fish tank when I was really young. I never even see them with these dimensions anymore. Its 20" x 10" x 24" all glass with the only opening being the top. So its just really tall. I've used it for various pets like hermit crabs and my Cobalt Blue I had a few years back (not at the same time!) and its just not ideal as its tough to do maintenance unless I put it on the ground. I'm wondering if there is a way to remove one of the sides, say one of the 10" sides, and replace it with a "Rob C door" and plexiglas the top as well. Any thoughts or ideas? Its literally just sitting here and it has the potential to be a really nice display enclosure, I just don't want to start cutting away at the seal and have the whole thing fall apart. I can post pictures if they're requested so you can have a visual of what it looks like. Thanks guys!

Hekim

Arachnopeon
That is the size of a 20 gallon extra high. I've seen it used for seahorses where height is more important than footprint. Removing a panel can be done, but its a lot of work. You would 1st have to remove any plastic frame at the top and bottom (if present), then score the silicone in the corners. Go slowly and remove as much silicone as possible before trying to pry the glass apart.

Silicone selant will not stick to acrylic, so modifications can be difficult. Good luck.