I have a weird spider....

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
I am a sort of new keeper, My father had a Tarantula when I was a teenager. So I have been around them and researching them for years. I ended a long term relationship a few months ago and she absolutely despised arachnids, lizards, basically anything that was not a common "pet". I now have 2 T's my first is a Tliltocatl albopilosus (or for those who have been around a long time, the Brachypelma albopilosum) it has molted in my care twice so far and seems to be only 1 instar away from juvenile. My second is not often bred, I have read because they are rather difficult. It is a Caribena laeta or the Puerto Rican Pink Toe. It is definitely in pre-molt and it seems to be the 4th or 5th instar, I can see its new pink exoskeleton beneath the old gorgeous blue it has had since I got it at 1/2". I have read that they will sometimes keep eating in pre-molt, but I have never heard of them still eating this late into it. It has been eating every 3 days and its pre-molt started at least 2 weeks ago. I stopped feeding it out of caution, I don't want loose feeders running around. I am not worried or asking for advise. Just wondering if anyone on here has a Caribena laeta that has acted like this as a sling (it is only about 1").

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I've had some spiders eat right up to a couple of days before moulting, even at the larger sizes. It is more common for the fast growing species to do that.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Ive had some T's eat the same day as they molt. This behavior is rare, but definitely not unheard of

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
Some spiders are just pigs that way. My Grammostolas and Pamphos especially can't be bothered with fasting.

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
Well I know that the Caribena and Avicularia genus are aggressive eaters but this little spider is as bad or worse than my hogs.