I have a very “affectionate” b. albo

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
So, I was gifting my girl some new leafy plants around her hide when instead of retreating, the “affectionate” spood decided to crawl onto my hand!

I looked around for something to nudge her off with but couldn’t find anything soft enough, so, I used my other hand to graze the hairs of her back legs.

She didn’t go back down into her enclosure but instead turned around and walked up my arm, paused on my shoulder and started walking down the front of my shirt. I WAS WEARING A V-KNECK BUTTON-UP. CAN YOU IMAGINE??

She climbed all of the down to my lap and at that point I just gave up and cupped her in my (now very itchy hands)

Funny part is, she was doing this all very slowly...just strolling along like it was a joke. I don’t care if she likes her new plants ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your choice of fashion isn’t remarkable.

Glad your T didn’t fall off your shoulders and die.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Your choice of fashion isn’t remarkable.

Glad your T didn’t fall off your shoulders and die.
You’ve always got something to say, huh?

You’ve always got something to say, huh?
I know you’re knowledgeable and informative considering your posts but you come off as a bit rude and condescending at times.

I’m too lazy and don’t care enough to start arguments or anything, but, just my thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
You might not agree with Viper, but he does have a point. You could have wound up with a very "dead" B. Albo falling out of your shirt.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
You might not agree with Viper, but he does have a point. You could have wound up with a very "dead" B. Albo falling out of your shirt.
I do agree with Viper! but I didn’t really have much control over the situation.

Not trying to invoke pity AT ALL but I have multiple disabilities (I’ve mentioned my deafness etc.) but one of them is severe EDS so I shouldn’t move any limb too quickly or aggressively (the syndrome causes me to be uncoordinated and for joints to constantly dislocate. It’s caused by lack of collagen blah blah) so I couldn’t just exactly unbutton my shirt slowly and carefully as I wear finger splints.

I would have had her off of me much sooner if my roommate was around to help but I didn’t think putting a couple of plants in the enclosure would lead to ANYTHING.

I never do anything around my T’s that i’m not sure I can handle myself. This was a surprising incident.

malla

Arachnopeon
All the argueing in this thread aside, seems like a cool experience and a B. albopilosum is probably among the calmest and most tolerant species this could have happened with.

That being said I would recommend removing the T from the enclosure or blocking off the hide as you work on it, especially if you cant react very fast to what your spider ends up doing. Even a nice and docile T like an albo can have a bad day ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nobody is going to ask every single member what disabilities they have before responding to a thread...
Nor are many people going to remember. I don’t even know if the poster is male or female (or care) let alone what biological issues the human ( or care ) has or the T.

Crap, you have posters here expecting people to remember the names of their Ts!

Like who has the time or inclination to keep track of that!

Last edited:

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Nor are many people going to remember. I don’t even know if the poster is male or female (or care) let alone what biological issues the human ( or care ) has or the T.

Crap, you have posters here expecting people to remember the names of their Ts!

Like who has the time or inclination to keep track of that!
I agree. It would be a pain. I think the point of what I was saying got off track. But it's fine.

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So, I was gifting my girl some new leafy plants around her hide when instead of retreating, the “affectionate” spood decided to crawl onto my hand!

I looked around for something to nudge her off with but couldn’t find anything soft enough, so, I used my other hand to graze the hairs of her back legs.

She didn’t go back down into her enclosure but instead turned around and walked up my arm, paused on my shoulder and started walking down the front of my shirt. I WAS WEARING A V-KNECK BUTTON-UP. CAN YOU IMAGINE??

She climbed all of the down to my lap and at that point I just gave up and cupped her in my (now very itchy hands)

Funny part is, she was doing this all very slowly...just strolling along like it was a joke. I don’t care if she likes her new plants ;)
Very cool. I guess she wanted to go for a walk while the enclosure was having work done. Ha! Post up a pic of your girl! :)

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
From the itchiness. I know EDS is chronic. :)
HAHA OH yeah, they’re fine now lol

Very cool. I guess she wanted to go for a walk while the enclosure was having work done. Ha! Post up a pic of your girl! :)
One of her front legs a little smaller and less furry than the others because she just regenerated it 83FCE6E4-9628-4E95-B2E2-241F3F88CC98.jpeg in a molt about a week and half ago.

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of her front legs a little smaller and less furry than the others because she just regenerated it View attachment 314862 in a molt about a week and half ago.
Wow she’s a fuzzy one! Ha! I’ve got a 3”+ suspected female (haven’t checked by molt yet). She’s pretty leggy and is insane when it comes to feeding!! Literally eats anything I give her and is a beast! I’m working on fattening her up.

F2B3A25F-A397-4078-B22A-28ACC3CE45A7.jpeg

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
Lol take it with a grain of salt. Viper is comedic and to be honest usually always brings out a laugh or two. It wouldn't be like viper to not comment.

But... I too have a very very curious b. Alpo. To the point if I'm cleaning, changing water, or playing with them with a blade of grass. She kind of "dances" raising her front legs and lowering them quite quickly with slowish jolts to grab the grass. However my suntiger is the most curious... You open her enclosure for too long she will jump right out of it. I'm not one for holding my spooders but this one insists... The first time I stood in one place like a statue n refused to move but now I kind of expect it. I take more consideration when dealing with my jumpers now don't remove the lid completely. I just don't want to hurt them.

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Glad it ended well, and I agree with the other sentiment that it's a great reason to make sure you always have a catch cup handy! I have a rule that there needs to be at least 1 catch up on the desk any time there is an enclosure open. Especially since you don't have the ability to necessarily move quickly or with great dexterity I would advise keeping a cup ready in the future, and if you don't cup the T before doing work, move it from your hand to the cup so you don't have the risk of it crawling up your shoulder again.

My Caribena versicolor sling is similar in the sense that it is always curious and will come strolling out of the enclosure any time I have it open. It either climbs around to the outside of the container or onto one of my hands. Just gotta cup it right away so it doesn't get into any trouble. Even a tarantula that is calmly walking one minute can get spooked and bolt up to the top of your head, fall off, and fatally injure itself before you even realize what happened. Best to avoid the situation completely by cupping them before they have the chance to hurt themselves.

As fun as it is to see the goofy little guy walking around on my palm, I don't want to risk the wellbeing of the spider, so I simply guide it into a catch cup where it hangs out until I'm done with water refill or whatever else. Once the tasks are completed, a gentle nudge from a paintbrush (or a q tip when it was real small) to move it back into the enclosure. Easy peasy and greatly minimizes the injury risk for my tarantula.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Lol take it with a grain of salt. Viper is comedic and to be honest usually always brings out a laugh or two. It wouldn't be like viper to not comment.

But... I too have a very very curious b. Alpo. To the point if I'm cleaning, changing water, or playing with them with a blade of grass. She kind of "dances" raising her front legs and lowering them quite quickly with slowish jolts to grab the grass. However my suntiger is the most curious... You open her enclosure for too long she will jump right out of it. I'm not one for holding my spooders but this one insists... The first time I stood in one place like a statue n refused to move but now I kind of expect it. I take more consideration when dealing with my jumpers now don't remove the lid completely. I just don't want to hurt them.
My P. irminia is very reactive too. It climbs up out of it’s burrow straight up the cork bark when I open the lid to the enclosure.

Wow she’s a fuzzy one! Ha! I’ve got a 3”+ suspected female (haven’t checked by molt yet). She’s pretty leggy and is insane when it comes to feeding!! Literally eats anything I give her and is a beast! I’m working on fattening her up.

View attachment 314864
I think you’re doing a GREAT job at fattening her up...or maybe that just isn’t her best angle ;)

Glad it ended well, and I agree with the other sentiment that it's a great reason to make sure you always have a catch cup handy! I have a rule that there needs to be at least 1 catch up on the desk any time there is an enclosure open. Especially since you don't have the ability to necessarily move quickly or with great dexterity I would advise keeping a cup ready in the future, and if you don't cup the T before doing work, move it from your hand to the cup so you don't have the risk of it crawling up your shoulder again.

My Caribena versicolor sling is similar in the sense that it is always curious and will come strolling out of the enclosure any time I have it open. It either climbs around to the outside of the container or onto one of my hands. Just gotta cup it right away so it doesn't get into any trouble. Even a tarantula that is calmly walking one minute can get spooked and bolt up to the top of your head, fall off, and fatally injure itself before you even realize what happened. Best to avoid the situation completely by cupping them before they have the chance to hurt themselves.

As fun as it is to see the goofy little guy walking around on my palm, I don't want to risk the wellbeing of the spider, so I simply guide it into a catch cup where it hangs out until I'm done with water refill or whatever else. Once the tasks are completed, a gentle nudge from a paintbrush (or a q tip when it was real small) to move it back into the enclosure. Easy peasy and greatly minimizes the injury risk for my tarantula.
YUP and it was too late by the time i realized I forgot the catch cup,