I have a terrestrial climber...

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have an aphonopelma Pallidum, that i got 3 days ago. he is really cool, and my first spider, too. he is about 3", and is a close relative to the brachypelmas. in fact, it used to be called the brachypelma pallidum, but it got changed.
anyways, i could not find anything on the internet about it, so i emaild this one spider website guy about it, and he said it should be very timid, which came true, but he also said it should be terrestrial. It was, until i took it out to hold, (which went very well. i've never held one, before, he feels very kewl). after i put it back in, he would not stop climbing on the walls/roof of the cage. anyways, i was wondering if they are climbers, or if they really are terrestrial, and mine's just wierd (which i'm all for; like owner, like pet {D ).
anyways, thanks to anybody who answers...

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is normal for a spider in a new enclosure to wander about, he will settle down in a few days...

Regards, Mike

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is normal for a spider in a new enclosure to wander about, he will settle down in a few days...

Regards, Mike
My thoughts exactly, give it time to settled and it will be fine!:D Nice rare T you got there.:)

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My thoughts exactly, give it time to settled and it will be fine!:D Nice rare T you got there.:)
Rare, huh? i thought he was just uncommonly wanted. :) he was kind of and impulse buy, because i ordered a B. Smithi, but it escaped at the store. I got this one, instead, and so far, he's really kewl.

(that, for some reason made me feel all fuzzy inside, when you said that. lol)

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rare, huh? i thought he was just uncommonly wanted. :) he was kind of and impulse buy, because i ordered a B. Smithi, but it escaped at the store. I got this one, instead, and so far, he's really kewl.

(that, for some reason made me feel all fuzzy inside, when you said that. lol)
lol, few have that sp. even considering the Aphonopelma and Brachypelma genus is very common, that particular sp. is rarely seen in collections, let it settle in and best of luck down the road with yours, cherish it!:clap: