I have a question.

knottyDevin

Arachnopeon
I'm not completely new to tarantulas.Ive had them for about 4 years now.I was wondering if it's "normal" not to like holding them what so ever.When i take mine out to clean her cage I have this fear Im gonna drop her and hurt her.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
A lot of the folks on this site, I like holding personally, are against holding for exactly that reason.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I rarely handle any of mine. I'm not strongly opposed to handling, I just don't feel that it's necessary. If you do decide to handle yours for any reason, just make sure to be safe about it. Sit on the floor and keep the spider low to the ground. That way if it falls, the risk of injury is far less.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not completely new to tarantulas.Ive had them for about 4 years now.I was wondering if it's "normal" not to like holding them what so ever.When i take mine out to clean her cage I have this fear Im gonna drop her and hurt her.
That can be a perfectly normal fear and since they are so much smaller than we are, it is also completely understandable. To cut that fear off when you are cleaning, simply cup her and remove her that way. Then you don't have to worry that you are going to drop her.