I have a question, please explain to me what is the code number 1.1 cb?

Supreme

Arachnopeon
I understand cbf is a wild species, f1-2-3 is the offspring.
But I don't understand the numbers 1.0 1.1

I bought A.australis tunisia hector which is more expensive than regular price. The seller says it's 1.0 mature. Can someone please educate me on this genetic number, it's 0.0 1.0 1.2, what's the order of magnitude?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.0 as in male.female.unsexed.

So if it is 2.0.0, it’s 2 males available.

And if it is 1.3.15, then it’s 1 male, 3 females, 15 unsexed available.

Supreme

Arachnopeon
IMG_20230508_005226.jpg

I also want to know about this code cb cbf f1
I understand that F1 is the child version of cb correct?

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
CB stands for captive bred.F1, F2, etc represents generations from wild caught parents. So F1 would be the first generation (produced in captivity) from wild caught parents. F2 would be the offspring of F1's.

Supreme

Arachnopeon
Ok,thx cb is therefore more expensive because natural pedigree is stronger, F2-3 is weaker.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
CB is more expensive because someone has way more invested in producing those offspring. Time, food, housing, heating/cooling etc. Plus the cost of obtaining the original wc breeding stock.
Wild caught is usually pretty cheap to obtain. They may look expensive at your local pet store, but most exotics are pretty cheap as wild caught.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Also, captive bred scorpions promise healthy and perfect specimens. Wild caught scorpions can be and often are imperfect, may have mycosis infections, or are simply old specimens. The coloration of old scorpions will darken and become duller. However wild caught scorpions should still be breedable.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
You guys are almost as bad as horse breeding. Sires, Dames, 1,2,3...F, BBB, SL, etc....