I have a problem!

MVPCrawford

Arachnopeon
My Jack Russel Tarrier is totally obsessing over the spiders! She won't stop whining :-( I sure hope she gets used to it or I will have to hide the spiders, and that still may not work if she can smell them!

Attachments

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
What kind of containers are you using for you enclosures? I've never seen anything like them. I think when I get home, maybe I'll take a picture of all the different kind of enclosures that I'm using and post it to this thread. :)

As for the problem with your dog, I don't know what to tell you. It's possible that just because the T's are new, it may want to figure out what they are. As long as it cannot access the desktop, they should be fine. If you had a cat that was experiencing the same curiosity, I would tell you to be afraid, be very afraid. But it's not so I wont. ;)

Scott

MVPCrawford

Arachnopeon
She is running around whining! I think I am just going to get some shelves and put the T's on them, nice and high.

Edit: The containers are 8x8" cubic food containers from "The container store". They are nice and clear, and I just used a soldering iron to poke many holes in the top. They work nicely...

Yes, I'd like to see lots of other container ideas! Please post!

Last edited:

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
DOG !

You know what I do ?? Get rid of the dog ! But I spose U love your dog ! I know, Jack Russells are adorable. My cat has actually JUMPED ONTO my ts cage and she got a tanned bum for it. Perhaps u should get a spray bottle and the next time Jack jumps squirt him, and everytime after that. Eventually he'll get the hint. At least the spray bottle technique is painless and works.;P

MVPCrawford

Arachnopeon
You are right on the money! I sprayed her and she went away, tail between her legs :) I think she will get used to'em.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
DOG !

CHA ! I knew it would work !!!! :) Your welcome. And keep it up, everytime she tries to do it, and she will never do it again !=D

Pandora®©™

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a Jack Russell also and the only time she has taken notice of the T is when she happen to see her climbing on the side of the glass. Then all she did was sit there and growl with her hair standing up lol. The cat however used to like to sleep next to the cage till I moved it, now he stays away also.

emilsmee

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
JRT's are cute but i think it should stand for Jumpy Rambunctious Terrors.
they're definately not worth the trouble imo, especially if they're terrorizing the t's. *grin*
i bet all terriers were originally called terrors. then someone realized that they wouldn't be able to sell all those breeds if they were named 'terrors' (like they should've stayed named, as a warning to potential buyers). so they changed it to 'terrier' so they'd actually be able to pawn them off on people who like cute small little dogs...
thats just my take on dog breed naming history, lol.

Myztery

Arachnopeon
Jack Russell's-like all terrier breeds have a high prey drive. I work in a vet clinic and know of one JR that actually put holes in walls trying to get at the mice scurrying behind them :eek: I wouldn't let the dog around the T's unsupervised unless you are sure the dog won't have a reaction to any sounds the T's might make moving around, even if the dog can't see them. The way they are drawn to small animals such as mice, squirrels, bugs, T's, etc., makes them more similar to cats than most dog breeds.

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
terriers jobs are to rid the area of rats and other household pests. the spray bottle is a great tool. i use it with my other pets that develope to much of an interest in what i am interested in. also its good if you can get old lawyer book shelfs with the glass covers. i got mine new from kmart for 99.00$ it keeps everyone from getting too interested. i have two cats and a staffordshire terrier. they can look with these shelves but not touch! ;P :wall: :embarrassed: {D

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I also like those containers. What kind of substrate do you use? that is a very nice setup :)

-Mattyb

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was also wondering what kind of bowls you were using for the water dishes.

thanks,

-Mattyb