I have a pair of rosies! (by luck)

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
So was cruising Craigslist a few days ago and came across an ad for G.Rosea, 40 bucks for Enclosure and t. Diddnt need the cage So I broke it down to 15.

Ended up having to go to the LPS to pick the t up (LOL- Owner was an employee who's son Diddnt want the t, and she's a lizzard person)
So I take the t home, Begin to set up its new home, and deceide to sex it then and there. I pinch-grab it and i'm almost 100% Certain it is a Male. (will post pictures when I can get them- Want the T to settle a bit, I may have stressed it out a little too much while attempting to Grab it, Was my first time.

Now, I need some help
And YES, I know how to use the search, and advanced search button.

I've only had t's for a few months now, and breeding is a new realm for me.
I Figure i'll give it a try anyway.
Can anyof you Point me in the correct direction?
And by that I mean Link me to the best breeding threads/sites. Ones that helped you successfully breed your little guys.

I'll be doing some research in the meantime, but any help would be appreciated.

He DOES look like he's going to molt soon- Verry dark and plump Although I dont know much about MM's (another thing I need to do some reading on) So Im going to try and gather up as much information as i can untill he's molted and eaten a bit.

What im looking/going to be looking into myself

How to tell when they are ready
Timeframes, Humidity levels, EVERYTHING.

I want to go into this with a Clear head about everything.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When Im about to pair a certain species, I look at the "Breeding Reports" section of this forum. It will have all of the information you need and more.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I origionaly wanted to breed my Rosea after only starting out but after doing a bunch of research I changed my mind. I didnt want to risk it with my lack of knowledge at the time. since then I have learned a TON of stuff just by being on this site(recomend hanging around the site!). I still dont believe I would Try just yet (deffinatly not with G.Rosea). Breeding is Deffintly somthing I want to be 100% prepared for. Also G.Rosea slings (and adults)are hard to sell so you realy need to think of that aswell. :) good luck hope all goes well

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I'm sure if you looked into getting a license you could sell to LPS. i've already put them together as an intro and I FREAKED out. After about 2 seconds I seperated them and im glad I did, she punctured the male in 2 spots...Wasnt sure if I should have stopped it, but I did, and Glad because I have the perfect pair just have to bring them both up to prime help and learn As I go, weather or not I actually breed these two or not.

If I felt comfterable $hipping I would trade for A more agressive species. Though I do have the means to.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Whatchootalkinboutwillis, every single person gave you advice against this and you did it anyways... I haven't the foggiest clue why you would dump the spider in, in the first place???? Now you have a Male rosea with two punctures from your male and you don't yet know if he is mature....

You are what I would call a "hack!"

Pairing a rosea as you put it "Freaked You OUT!" And you think it would be best to trade it for a more "Aggressive" species! That has to be about the most rediculous thing I have heard all month!

Have you determined if you truly have a male and female pair that are both mature? Which is probably why your other spider got chomped on.
Have you done any research on pairing?
Have you gotten rid of the rest of the dang wildlife you had living with your first rosea?
Have you considered where you are going to get 500 or 600 vials?
Have you considered what you are going to do with 500 or 600 rosea babies? I am sure petco doesn't want rediculously small spiders that are going to be that way for a year or so.

You know... You can call me rude, and I can seriously appreciate your enthusiasm, but many people here are reading this and thinking exactly what I am saying. Enjoy the Rosea's and even get some new models... But until you take the advice of folks that have been in this for a while, you will always be known as a hack!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@CAK, +1 I completely agree

To whachusaynoob,
So it's been eight days since you first posted this.
Which means if your spider even molted then it has not had enough time to harden up and recover from the molt and be ready to breed. Did you even do any research? Was your T a MM, I doubt it. If it were a MM then you could be 100% on it's sex if you did your research and knew what you were looking at. But since you went ahead and bred them, I doubt you did the research. So basically you have bred two spiders that you had no idea of their sex or if they were mature. Now you have an injured spider :clap:

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
Seriously? with all the advice we have given you, you still did it?! and now you have a injured T! :mad: I am 100% with CAK right now!

What you did was Foolish and immature! now the poor Rosea is hurt :(

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I'm sure if you looked into getting a license you could sell to LPS. i've already put them together as an intro and I FREAKED out. After about 2 seconds I seperated them and im glad I did, she punctured the male in 2 spots...Wasnt sure if I should have stopped it, but I did, and Glad because I have the perfect pair just have to bring them both up to prime help and learn As I go, weather or not I actually breed these two or not.

If I felt comfterable $hipping I would trade for A more agressive species. Though I do have the means to.
:wall::wall::wall::wall: You make all noobs look like experts. :(

Hanes

Arachnosquire
By rushing into the breeding desicion against all recommendations you have cleary shown you have no respect for the animals you are dealing with and if I could I would gladly take both of them off your hands

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:wall::wall::wall::wall: You make all noobs look like experts. :(
I agree. I may be a noob with owning a tarantula, but you make even ME look like a pro... at least I know better than to do the stupid stunt you just did which ended up injuring the tarantula. :mad: Gah. If you're going to ask for advice... you MIGHT want to consider following it. A lot of the people here have given YEARS to this hobby and know precisely what they're talking about. If you don't intend on following the advice... maybe you shouldn't even ask.

Sheesh!

+3 for CAK.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whatchusaynachocheeze! Looks like my post hasn't gone unnoticed! Reputation is a HUGE factor in this hobby and lets face it... You have had two pretty significant injuries to your T's in less than a month and both could have been avoided had you just listened.....

Joe - CAK

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Look, Attack me all you want, I DONT CARE.

I obviously made a mistake, in which I Told you guys already so Why attack? You arent even giving constructive criticism so I'm just going to ignore you.

Now if you were SO worried about my t's, then you would have done research after reading this thread, and would have found out that I am NOT going to attempt to breed them unless Nobody wants My Male, and Only then i'm going to attempt to breed so he doesnt go to waste.

And it was one injury, 2 threads. FYI. My T care has progressed Since then. And it was called a wet molt. Weather it was my fault or not, I Nor you can be 100% sure, so shut it.

-Anita

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Hey Whatchootalkinboutwillis, every single person gave you advice against this and you did it anyways... I haven't the foggiest clue why you would dump the spider in, in the first place???? Now you have a Male rosea with two punctures from your male and you don't yet know if he is mature....

Pairing a rosea as you put it "Freaked You OUT!" And you think it would be best to trade it for a more "Aggressive" species! That has to be about the most rediculous thing I have heard all month!
It freaked me out, Because I diddnt want to see or have my Girl eating The male. That doesnt make me afraid or intimidated by a more agressive t.

Have you determined if you truly have a male and female pair that are both mature? Which is probably why your other spider got chomped on.
Considering how much the little guy wanders, and how He will just walk onto my hands without any pushing, yes I beleive he is a MM. Now, I could be wrong again, but I dont PLAN on breeding them.
And G.Roseas like it rough, of course there will be bloodshed.

Have you done any research on pairing?
Have you gotten rid of the rest of the dang wildlife you had living with your first rosea?
Search. Read. My sn is wachusaynoob.
KAYTHANKS.

Have you considered where you are going to get 500 or 600 vials?
Well yes, there's a sticky with a few supplyers, but if you knew your facts you would know I would only need around 50-100. Might even get 200 JUST IN CASE.

Have you considered what you are going to do with 500 or 600 rosea babies?
Again, I'm not planning on breeding, and if I did and got that many slings, I would be G. rosea breeding queen.

I am sure petco doesn't want rediculously small spiders that are going to be that way for a year or so.
That's because Petco Is a POS Petstore, no matter which store you go to. I, on the onther hand, would love to have a G.Rosea in which I knew WHEN it was born, and EXACTLY how old it was, So no. I wouldnt be worried about finding homes. And I would LOVE to Have 50-100 t's.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look, Attack me all you want, I DONT CARE.

I obviously made a mistake, in which I Told you guys already so Why attack? You arent even giving constructive criticism so I'm just going to ignore you.

Now if you were SO worried about my t's, then you would have done research after reading this thread, and would have found out that I am NOT going to attempt to breed them unless Nobody wants My Male, and Only then i'm going to attempt to breed so he doesnt go to waste.

And it was one injury, 2 threads. FYI. My T care has progressed Since then. And it was called a wet molt. Weather it was my fault or not, I Nor you can be 100% sure, so shut it.

-Anita

Injury number 1... And I quote... They did snack on her leg...

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=1714561&postcount=15

Injury number 2... And I quote... Punctured male in two spots...

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=1731886&postcount=6

Its not our job to do your research for you... We told you not to pair them and heck... You still aren't sure if it is mature. And you did it anyway. That maam' is where you are wrong and have picked up the title as being a hack.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

^ You already tried to breed them. So you telling us to do research is pointless because you just proved here that you did try it without any knowledge of your Ts gender or sex. CAK and I have gave you constructive criticism. We have both told you to do the research to find out if you had a male or female and whether they were mature. Seeing as though you paired them, you did not do your research. Mistakes happen, yes, but you were already advised and this mistake should not have taken place.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Considering how much the little guy wanders, and how He will just walk onto my hands without any pushing, yes I beleive he is a MM. Now, I could be wrong again, but I dont PLAN on breeding them.
And G.Roseas like it rough, of course there will be bloodshed.
This statement right here probes you don't know what you are talking about.