I have a hitchhiker

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
563A8FB5-E212-4F3D-A40F-AB483FF79BDE.jpeg
saw something move out of the corner of my eye, and it was this friendly Phasmid that aparantly was down for a cruise and vacation to my apartment. Nature is amazing 🤩 leaving your windows down In Texas is always a gamble lol

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I have found a stick bug on my fence probably eating roses but I never thought one would go into someone’s car

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve only seen a walking stick in the wild once, a very large one on a fence.

jc55

Arachnoknight
View attachment 385104
saw something move out of the corner of my eye, and it was this friendly Phasmid that aparantly was down for a cruise and vacation to my apartment. Nature is amazing 🤩 leaving your windows down In Texas is always a gamble lol
Nice.I used to see them all the time in my yard when i lived in Texas plus a host of other interesting critters.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Now the question is, do Phasmids prefer the Tundra or Sequoia?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Stunning! I've never actually seen a stick bug in person before.
Quite stunning!!
I’ve only seen a walking stick in the wild once, a very large one on a fence.
That’s a shame you’ve only seen them once! Phasmatodea may be by favorite hexapod order. I have seen about 10in in the last week!
Now the question is, do Phasmids prefer the Tundra or Sequoia?
Clearly they prefer the tundra 😉

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Count me jealous! I live in Michigan, so I doubt they come this far north :p

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Count me jealous! I live in Michigan, so I doubt they come this far north :p
northern walkingsticks (Diapheromera femorata) are found throughout michigan, they can be tough to find though. If you search at night with a light through foliage of certain trees like oak and birch in late summer you might be able to turn some up (that's how I find them here in MA)

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
northern walkingsticks (Diapheromera femorata) are found throughout michigan, they can be tough to find though. If you search at night with a light through foliage of certain trees like oak and birch in late summer you might be able to turn some up (that's how I find them here in MA)
Thanks! I'll see if I can find one later this summer.