I have a Giant House Spider - Is this an egg sac?

tendietown

Arachnopeon
Woke up and found this silk ball in its habitat. It looks like an egg sac, but I'm not sure. Can anyone weigh in?

Spider1.jpg Spider 2.jpg

DreadMan

Arachnosquire
Yep thats a egg sac. Probably unfertilized unless you had paired that one with a male in the past month. Nice environment too!

tendietown

Arachnopeon
Yep thats a egg sac. Probably unfertilized unless you had paired that one with a male in the past month. Nice environment too!
Thanks for the info! Do you know if spiders will lay their eggs if they feel in danger? I had no idea it was even pregnant.

DreadMan

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the info! Do you know if spiders will lay their eggs if they feel in danger? I had no idea it was even pregnant.
Probably not. They lay their eggs if they feel safe, especially if the eggs are unfertilized.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Probably not. They lay their eggs if they feel safe, especially if the eggs are unfertilized.
This might be a strange question but can Tegeneria lay unfertilized eggs? I only ask because I have a female I have had since she was 3mm dls she is 1 n a half inch dls now and I can't find any information on them apart from size n speed lol . She also made a dirt curtain which I didn't know this species did. So any information would help please 😊

DreadMan

Arachnosquire
This might be a strange question but can Tegeneria lay unfertilized eggs? I only ask because I have a female I have had since she was 3mm dls she is 1 n a half inch dls now and I can't find any information on them apart from size n speed lol . She also made a dirt curtain which I didn't know this species did. So any information would help please 😊
All spiders can lay unfertilized eggs. There is always a possibility that a wild caught spider might have mated before hand, but that has never happened for me. Dont expect spiderlings unless you yourself has paired it up with a male.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
All spiders can lay unfertilized eggs. There is always a possibility that a wild caught spider might have mated before hand, but that has never happened for me. Dont expect spiderlings unless you yourself has paired it up with a male.
I didn't think she would lay a sack without being mated so cool to know thanks hinny 😊