I have a 3d pen and wanna make a unique interior for 3rd instar jumping spider phidippus. I want your sketches of the interior!

jumper007

Arachnopeon
Get your virtual pen and draw a nice sketch of the interior on top of this image.
You can draw a rough sketch or a precise one. As you wish.

Thank you very much. Cheers from germany. I won't forget the cross ventilation. LOOL

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Sounds interesting! Do you have any previous experience with model making? Are there any specific kinds of terrarium that catch your eye (eg: high fantasy, post apocalyptic)?

jumper007

Arachnopeon
Sounds interesting! Do you have any previous experience with model making? Are there any specific kinds of terrarium that catch your eye (eg: high fantasy, post apocalyptic)?
i know basics. i frequently wanna rotate the interior. so im open for any ideas u have. just write it down u dont have to sketch over the image.
i mean in the end a parkour isnt really helpful if the phidippus doesnt use it ;D as always they are always in their hammock. i have to annoy them to leave the hammock.
id like to try a windows xp interior. like 2-3 flat hills on ground. but then thats it with my ideas lol

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
i know basics. i frequently wanna rotate the interior. so im open for any ideas u have. just write it down u dont have to sketch over the image.
i mean in the end a parkour isnt really helpful if the phidippus doesnt use it ;D as always they are always in their hammock. i have to annoy them to leave the hammock.
id like to try a windows xp interior. like 2-3 flat hills on ground. but then thats it with my ideas lol
Okay! This is a quick thumbnail I came up with. I can make a more detailed sketch if you like this one :). I personally lean away from 3D pens, because it takes a very long time to make things, and they will have the ridges in the filament. For the tree in the center, I would make an aluminum foil base and use polymer clay to smooth everything out and make details. That's just my personal preference though, because there are tons of ways to make the same thing :)
IMG_20210620_090753705.jpg

jumper007

Arachnopeon
uh that is nice. but with huge tree crown i would not see the spider if they hide there
making a tree with clay? OO that must be hard

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
uh that is nice. but with huge tree crown i would not see the spider if they hide there
making a tree with clay? OO that must be hard
Yep! The foliage at the top gives them a good space to hide at night. My jumpers are always pretty active during the day, and like to hide up high at night. A spider that has a lot of different hidey holes actually will be more active, because they can easily hide or run away if they feel threatened. Sculpting with polymer clay is actually pretty easy, because you can work for as long as you want, and it sets quickly when you bake it.