I HATE males that are all show no action

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tried breeding my male P regalis with both of my females tonight.

He would tap up a storm and as soon as they got close he bolted like a wuss...

So hes getting the shark tank treatment good luck little buddy you went from high chances of a long life to me not caring if you are there in the morning.

YOUR REPLACEABLE!!! WITH A BIG STRAPPING STUD THAT KNOWS HOW TO THROW THOSE PALPS AROUND!

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
how many attempts already? :)

so far from my own and a coupla close buddies experience, you need to give 'em 2-3 chances a coupla days/ sometimes a week apart. granted, these were the 'easier' sp - G pulchripes, B smithi, P murinus, B albopilosum.

keep pluggin at it, i'm sure he'll man up!

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Could be he knows something you don't...

Bill
More than likely yes.

This was more of a joke post from being frustrated listening to him taping next to their cages for a week and then doing nothing when given the chance.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how long ago did she molt?

pokies cohabitate pretty well IMO. i had 2.1 living together for almost a year with no problem, never saw any inserts but got a good eggsac some time towards the end.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She molted probably a month or so ago same with him.

Both were tapping up a storm and had one encounter but i dont think he inserted.

The other female hasnt molted in my care yet which ive had her for maybe 2 or 3 months.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Give him time. With my pokies I've noticed a reluctant male would do fine with the ladies after I gave him a break for a bit. Keep him well fed and hydrated and try to pair him in a couple weeks. They live for a bit of time (my older males are going on 13.5 months and still dropping sperm webs) so a few weeks shouldn't hurt much.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hm they did something close to that .. he might have got one of my females then... but he still wussed out on the other one lol...

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Dyn, I'll play along on that note- what a effing wuss!

On the other hand, I hope you get a sac from the quickie. :)

Terry

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea these babies are going to pay for some retic/scrub caging lol. So I need them yesterday. So he really needs to man up.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea these babies are going to pay for some retic/scrub caging lol. So I need them yesterday. So he really needs to man up.
Hey...that's what my last few eggsacs were used for!!!! Sweet! Now we're using them to get more scrub localities!

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm going to pick up atleast one barneck scrub from David Means when his start hatching out and take a couple meals.

Debating if I will end up getting a pair or just a lone male.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Give him more time with her. Maybe hes playing hard to get :rolleyes: did he make a sperm web after he molted? maybe he just isnt ready. Gotta load ur guns before you hit the bar. Good luck with the breeding.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes he has.

He molted then a week or week and a half later I saw him make a sperm web and tear it down. its been a week and half or two since then as well.

After seeing that first video he might have actually got it with one of the females. I'm hoping anyway.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Yes he has.

He molted then a week or week and a half later I saw him make a sperm web and tear it down. its been a week and half or two since then as well.

After seeing that first video he might have actually got it with one of the females. I'm hoping anyway.
A guy hoping that his own little one gets laid. Hm, what a world we live in.