I had a good day: expo haul.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I went to the expo determined not to leave without an A. geniculata. Of course, nobody had one. :punch:

I was bummed, but I found a C. elegans for my daughter that wasn't intimidatingly tiny and an orchid mantis. The seller also had an adult female X. immanis that I would have loved, but it was $400 and I gave myself a limit of $200. I couldn't stop looking at her. I have been researching this one and really wanted her.

So, as I was leaving, the vendor called me over. Someone that preordered an X. immanis sling decided they didn't want it. It was all curled up so I couldn't tell how big it was, but I really wanted it so I said whatever. I didnt even know if it was a good deal. I went home, put the vial open in the prepared enclosure and went out of town.

I came home tonight to him all stretched out and he is at least 1.5"!! I'm so happy! I thought it was so much smaller.

So I ended the day with a Cyriocosmus elegans, Xenesthis immanis, Hymenopus coronatus (orchid mantis), and Idolomantis diabolica (devil's flower mantis) for $200. Well....... and a hedgehog too and kinda busted the budget, but I dont count that one. :rofl::rofl:

X. immanis
20191111_204435.jpg
C. elegans
20191110_154822.jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Where was the expo, if you don't mind my asking? The expo I went to on Sunday had a few C. elegans and hedgehogs, I'm wondering if we went to the same one!

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Where was the expo, if you don't mind my asking? The expo I went to on Sunday had a few C. elegans and hedgehogs, I'm wondering if we went to the same one!
Ha!! I just looked at your location and I can say that yes, we were likely at the same one. Biltmore hotel. Are you going to Repticon this weekend?

ChaosSphere

Arachnosquire
It is always the hedgehogs, man.
Cutest god dang thing in existence, with their little hyper-active nodes and smiley faces

Kitara

Arachnodemon
It is always the hedgehogs, man.
Cutest god dang thing in existence, with their little hyper-active nodes and smiley faces
I know right?!? What the heck are they doing at a reptile expo? That was not fair because I was completely caught off guard. I was not prepared for the level of cute! I'm so addicted to that little bugger.
Yeah, they start out big...I'm betting this was a third instar immanis sling.
Oh wow! I had no idea. He is finally stretched out so I was able to measure him today and he's 2 1/4".

ChaosSphere

Arachnosquire
I know right?!? What the heck are they doing at a reptile expo? That was not fair because I was completely caught off guard. I was not prepared for the level of cute! I'm so addicted to that little bugger.".
I have decided to calmly and firmly say no when I'm asked if I want to hold them at expos, because I know I would take the little smiling cactus home with me if I did.
Went to an expo a couple of weeks back with a couple of friends and they where not prepared. They both regretted not buying one, moments after leaving :rofl:
I bought a T. ockerti sling, so I had no regrets:angelic:

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Pics of the orchid mantis? I'm a sucker for all mantis species>>>
Me too! I straight up said NO MORE MANTISES before we went. I even said, "I mean it!" :rage: and then I come home with two.:embarrassed:

I don't have a great picture of her. She's very small. (ignore my jacked up DIY enclosure LOL. It's not pretty, but it works.)

20191112_205043.jpg

Here's my other two.

20191112_205054.jpg Screenshot_20191112-210228_Photos.jpg

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Nice I have an L4 heterochaeta, female ghost, and a bunch of chinese mantids myself.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Ha!! I just looked at your location and I can say that yes, we were likely at the same one. Biltmore hotel. Are you going to Repticon this weekend?
Sorry, just saw this! Had to work yesterday and am currently at work today so no Repticon for me. :dead:

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Sorry, just saw this! Had to work yesterday and am currently at work today so no Repticon for me. :dead:
You didn't miss anything. It was mostly the same vendors from last weekend except there were no Ts at all. We picked up some substrate and that's all.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
You didn't miss anything. It was mostly the same vendors from last weekend except there were no Ts at all. We picked up some substrate and that's all.
No Ts??? That sucks!

You guys are lucky. I get like 2 expos a year in my city!:(
But I usually buy at least 5 Ts every time!