I gotta ask you guys what tyoe of spider is this?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Family: Salticidae, Jumping spiders. Genus Phiddipus. Species Somethingorotherus. Harmless unless you weigh less than 1 gram or are shorter than about 8 mm tall.

Last edited:

Stugy

Arachnolord
Family: Salticidae, Jumping spiders. Genus Phiddipus. Species Somethingorotherus. Harmless unless you weigh less than 1 gram or are shorter than about 8 mm tall.
Lol what exactly makes you assume it's Phiddipus? Where I live (San Diego, CA), there are thousands of H. pythrix (butchered it) and I've only seen one Phiddipus here (Phiddipus audax or regius). Just sayin' :] (not trying to 'cause conflict at all, I'm just questioning your obviously vast knowledge after reading your profile [I almost died laughing from that list])

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Lol what exactly makes you assume it's Phiddipus? Where I live (San Diego, CA), there are thousands of H. pythrix (butchered it) and I've only seen one Phiddipus here (Phiddipus audax or regius). Just sayin' :] (not trying to 'cause conflict at all, I'm just questioning your obviously vast knowledge after reading your profile [I almost died laughing from that list])
Likely the region. OP is from the Philippines.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Aaaaaahhh as Asia has countless species of everything... let's not try to fully identify the species unless you are die-hard XD 'Cause I'm not going to try with that lol

The Snark

Old Timer
Okay. Genus, anything but Phiddipus unless it is a Phiddipus anyway. That better?

The Snark

Old Timer
*clears throat loudly* It's a jumping spider! Cute, harmless, loveable.
That should be sufficient. ;)
Right. Just don't mention those midnight forays where they pick the locks on your containment, crawl into your ears and try to rip your eyeballs out.
On that note BTW, they are one of the few groups of spiders that are almost always day hunters and usually most active in the afternoons.