I Got One !

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Its a Brachypelma Verdesi Have company over at the moment. ill post pictures later :) Hes a little guy smaller then a quarter. I read some stuff on here about them I nearly got the trap door. but I got this little fella.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Awesome, are you removing the vial after it comes out?

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Awesome, are you removing the vial after it comes out?
Should I ? It was in the file I. A small container I thought to just leave it as his hide. I'll take it out of he makes a burrow and decides to chill in there. Or whatever y'all recommend.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Should I ? It was in the file I. A small container I thought to just leave it as his hide. I'll take it out of he makes a burrow and decides to chill in there. Or whatever y'all recommend.
If it were me I'd go with a hide that has an opening at the bottom so it can burrow if it wants. It also helps if the hide isn't clear. I'd poke a little starter burrow and use a piece of flower pot or something similar to create an overhang for the burrow.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
These guys are burrowers from what I can tell so once it gets a starter burrow it may not even need a regular hide. Interesting T you have there. Good luck with it.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Ya very i retesting. He's already out walking around. I baught five pinheads. Lady said she put three I. There today and they were all gone. He was out so I dropped a couple in there. Wow is he a fast lite guy. He did t stalk them like my Bohemei. He shot across like a lightning boltt. Was Impressive. Then I put the other three in and as one passed he grabbed the other as he was still munching . He was carrying and eating all three at once. So he ate like seven pi heads today. he seems pretty entertaining

Last edited:

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Ya very i retesting. He's already out walking around. I baught five pinheads. Lady said she put three I. There today and they were all gone. He was out so I dropped a couple in there. Wow is he a fast lite guy. He did t stalk them like my Bohemei. He shot across like a lite just. Was Impressive. Then I put the other three in and as one passed he grabbed the other as he was still munching . He was carrying and eating G three at once. So he ate like seven pi heads today.
How u like the idea of a PVC cut in half and then a. Elbow like a 45 or a 90degree on it ? I may not do that just a thought.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Theres not alot of info on these guys compared to some hey. are there fewer of them around ?
Care between the Brachypelma species is pretty similar across the board. I haven't seen B. verdezi offered very much.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Ya very i retesting. He's already out walking around. I baught five pinheads. Lady said she put three I. There today and they were all gone. He was out so I dropped a couple in there. Wow is he a fast lite guy. He did t stalk them like my Bohemei. He shot across like a lightning boltt. Was Impressive. Then I put the other three in and as one passed he grabbed the other as he was still munching . He was carrying and eating all three at once. So he ate like seven pi heads today. he seems pretty entertaining
whoah nelly!! lol that's a lot of food for a tarantula. Even a sling. You shouldn't need to feed it again for about a week. For tiny slings, and I've raised several, I feed them 3 appropriately sized prey items every 4-5 days. They grow like weeds at that feeding rate and they molt about once every 3 weeks to a month till they reach 1.5-2 inches DLS. Then they get 3 prey items once a week until they get to the 3-3.5 inch dls range.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Question guys. This is my first sling ( is it small enogh to be considered a sling ? I had my bohemei at a young age but this one is halfd the size of him. ok so as u saw theres a pill box in there. before he would go in there. and face inward. thismorning hes facing outward asif I think he may be hungry waiting for food to pass by. can I put food in there, if he dont eat it then take it out ? Can a spider ( this one, ) be over fed ?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Question guys. This is my first sling ( is it small enogh to be considered a sling ? I had my bohemei at a young age but this one is halfd the size of him. ok so as u saw theres a pill box in there. before he would go in there. and face inward. thismorning hes facing outward asif I think he may be hungry waiting for food to pass by. can I put food in there, if he dont eat it then take it out ? Can a spider ( this one, ) be over fed ?
At that size I feed my slings all they want to eat. Later when they are juvies or adults you don't want them too plump due to risk of injury.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
At that size I feed my slings all they want to eat. Later when they are juvies or adults you don't want them too plump due to risk of injury.
ROger thx trenor your a big help on this site, and quik with replies I appreciate that, same to some of the others.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its a Brachypelma Verdesi Have company over at the moment. ill post pictures later :) Hes a little guy smaller then a quarter. I read some stuff on here about them I nearly got the trap door. but I got this little fella.
You've just made a great choice. Brachypelma verdezi are seriously underrated imo they grow almost as quickly as B albopilosum they eat like pigs and mine is as tolerant as any tarantula I have that being said another member on here as a grumpy one.
Mine as never burrowed it very rarely uses the hide i provided unless it's sat on it. I witness mine bulldozing the substrate around on the odd occasion like my G pulchra does and if I remove the top of it's enclosure it tends to behave like my E sp red in that it almost seems curious. Enjoy your beautiful little sling they are alot of fun

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Ya Hes pretty exiting wowsers is he fast. my girl I had here I saved my pinheads to give her a feeding show lol he was at the back of the pill bottle, and wasnt doing much then BAM instantly he was out and struck. i put in ten today he just mowed one after another. He really is a pig, its cool he will have his mouth full of two or three and still attack out haha awesome. yesterday he ran accorss the jar I have pic of up there and even splashed through the waterdish to get him. my bohemei was a very cool spider but this one is pretty exiting to see. I thiought my last one was cool lol. he was I dont miss him any less. poor thing. Oh and when you /people say a bark. are we meaning the half cut log people put in them ? or literaly a chunk of bark or wood it can use like a little entrance and exit doorway ? and burrow under it ?

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
caught a housefly not 1 m,in after I posted this last reply. gues what I did with it. yup .. hes in there

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
caught a housefly not 1 m,in after I posted this last reply. gues what I did with it. yup .. hes in there
He needs a bigger enclosure I id say not a huge one but for now I think he should be in a slightley bigger one. Im going to dollar stor to buy a big cookie jar, theres these fishbowl ones with a lid on them I probly am going to go for and there plastic so I can cross vent it, Dont worry Ill send pics, and there still is that house fly he hasnt caught yet . its flying around in there, I thought hed get him by now