I got my first tarantula!

fried rice

Arachnoknight
I got a tarantula! I love her so much, she is a dolichothele diamantinensis sling. Thanks for all the help. I have learned so much from everyone! I’m so excited to see her grow! Without arachnoboards none of this could of happened!:):):happy::happy::)

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Nice decision, they are cool looking Tarantulas. Tomorrow you will be looking for your next species, lol.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got a tarantula! I love her so much, she is a dolichothele diamantinensis sling. Thanks for all the help. I have learned so much from everyone! I’m so excited to see her grow! Without arachnoboards none of this could of happened!:):):happy::happy::)
The mini GBB strikes again, better than GBB as they don't have urticating setae.

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
Great choice for a first T, and welcome to the hobby. My first T was an Avicularia avicularia. He has since past after maturing. I've added 7 more since him. So far been lucky and got mostly females as slings except my Poecilotheria rufilata and Aphonopelma seemanni (blue phase) who ended up both being male. The P. rufilata is only a year old, but he is already 4 inches in DLS. My current collection includes A. geniculata sub adult female, MF A. chalcodes, MM A. seemanni, MF A. avicularia morphotype 6, sub adult female B. hamorii, MF C. lividus and a sub adult male P. rufilata. Hoping to add a few more to my collection later this year. Enjoy them, they are quite interesting creatures.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The mini GBB strikes again, better than GBB as they don't have urticating setae.
Yes but the ones i had very seldom kicked hair and the hairs i had no reactions from. But thats just me

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes but the ones i had very seldom kicked hair and the hairs i had no reactions from. But thats just me
Exactly, that's YOU. I generally have long bouts of itchiness from a few of my NWs. A NW w/out such defense is great for ME.

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
Your patience is epic man! After all this time on the boards, you finally got a "roommate" CONGRATS!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Congratulations, very cool. I love this species...it is such a beautiful little dwarf species with all feeding response of the GBB, but at one order of magnitude faster.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Awesome. They're a gorgeous species. I love their coloration! I definitely think that you made a good choice for a beginner species. And believe me...this hobby is an addiction. I started out with a little L. klugi sling and have been building my collection ever since. You're going to really enjoy your new fascinating eight-legged friend. There is just such a huge array of species to choose from and so many fascinating things to learn. Welcome to the hobby :) .