1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

I got my first tarantula!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by fried rice, Jan 11, 2020.

1. fried rice

fried rice Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    I got a tarantula! I love her so much, she is a dolichothele diamantinensis sling. Thanks for all the help. I have learned so much from everyone! I’m so excited to see her grow! Without arachnoboards none of this could of happened!:):):happy::happy::)

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. Asgiliath

Asgiliath Arachnoknight Active Member

Congrats! And welcome to the addiction!

• Like Like x 1
  3. fried rice

4. jrh3

jrh3 ArachnoTitan Arachnosupporter

Nice decision, they are cool looking Tarantulas. Tomorrow you will be looking for your next species, lol.

5. fried rice

Yeah, if I do get another it will be a neoholothele incei :hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

The mini GBB strikes again, better than GBB as they don't have urticating setae.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. fried rice

That’s why I got one :) they are perfect.

8. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire

Great choice for a first T, and welcome to the hobby. My first T was an Avicularia avicularia. He has since past after maturing. I've added 7 more since him. So far been lucky and got mostly females as slings except my Poecilotheria rufilata and Aphonopelma seemanni (blue phase) who ended up both being male. The P. rufilata is only a year old, but he is already 4 inches in DLS. My current collection includes A. geniculata sub adult female, MF A. chalcodes, MM A. seemanni, MF A. avicularia morphotype 6, sub adult female B. hamorii, MF C. lividus and a sub adult male P. rufilata. Hoping to add a few more to my collection later this year. Enjoy them, they are quite interesting creatures.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fried rice

Thanks! I really hope my sling is a female.

10. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoking Old Timer

Yes but the ones i had very seldom kicked hair and the hairs i had no reactions from. But thats just me

11. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Exactly, that's YOU. I generally have long bouts of itchiness from a few of my NWs. A NW w/out such defense is great for ME.

12. Turtle

Turtle Arachnoknight

Your patience is epic man! After all this time on the boards, you finally got a "roommate" CONGRATS!

13. Colorado Ts

Colorado Ts Arachnosquire Active Member

Congratulations, very cool. I love this species...it is such a beautiful little dwarf species with all feeding response of the GBB, but at one order of magnitude faster.

14. spideyspinneret78

spideyspinneret78 Arachnopeon Active Member

USA
    Awesome. They're a gorgeous species. I love their coloration! I definitely think that you made a good choice for a beginner species. And believe me...this hobby is an addiction. I started out with a little L. klugi sling and have been building my collection ever since. You're going to really enjoy your new fascinating eight-legged friend. There is just such a huge array of species to choose from and so many fascinating things to learn. Welcome to the hobby :) .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.