I got my first 2 T's

DDR768

Arachnopeon
Hi i am new the the hobby, And im happy to be a member of this FORUM, i have learned a lot from the posts on the forum, So after nagging my Wife for 2 weeks she finally caved,,( thank god )!! So i went to this petshop by my house and bought what i thought was a, MAYALAN Zebra Bird Eater. Witch i came too learn that there is no such name so i think the petshop just named it that. I wish i new better, but i got had. So i dont know what kind of T i have. I feel like a dummy, for buying the spider and believing the petshop guy i dont think he Knows what hes talking about...lol. So i took a Picture only too realize that i dont know much on how too use my wife camara so im sry if pictures r not good. If any body knows what kind of spider it is please tell me??????. ...............................OK so 2 days later i found another reptile shop and took a ride and found a better selection of T's, So i looked threw the choices and found a T. BLONDE and as you can amagine the choice got a lot easyer ,i bought a T.Blonde........he/she is small. I name it T-rex. T-rex munched 5 crickets the first night she was in her new home. she hasnt eaten for 5 days now. The first T. i talked about earlyer i named Pinky. Pinky burrowed in and i havent seen her for 7-8 days now. Is that normal???. Both of there homes r the same in size and shape, Both have a DIGITAL Temp/Humid moniter.each has a 10gal tank. each has a heating pad. the only dif. is the T.blondies tank is kept at >>85f-90%humidity<< and Pinkys tank is>>84f-74%humidity. I have included a picture of the 1(PINKY) i dont know what kind he is.& a picture of a tank and a picture of my T.blondie(T-rex). SRY for my lack of spelling skill. THX for reading and welcome replies and ideas for less stressed T's. im trying too insert pics but it wont take. please tell me how too attach pictures??

Last edited:

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats :) Welcome to the bunch

at the bottom it says browse click on that then click the image you want.. it has to be Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also, when you attach a file aside it being the right format, it has to be the right size. 102400 bytes is the maximum amount of bytes it can be. You can change this by using a photo editing program. Export the file and lower the quality until it's below 102400 bytes. You can check the file size under it's properties:)

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep! I forgot that little detail..hehehehe

Originally posted by JDK
Also, when you attach a file aside it being the right format, it has to be the right size. 102400 bytes is the maximum amount of bytes it can be. You can change this by using a photo editing program. Export the file and lower the quality until it's below 102400 bytes. You can check the file size under it's properties:)

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very cute :) Great pics! Cotton swabs are not a good idea because crickets defecate on them and bacteria form on them. bark could be harmful to the spiders abdomen. I suggest bed - a -beast , peat and vermiculite mix. Just letting you know because I hate hearing about spider deaths. Good luck ;)

Lantang

Arachnopeon
Your pinky looks basically like one of the many, Chilobrachys ssp.
They do heavy webbing, and some burrow, most Chilo's get between 5-8'', some maybe even bigger.A big trademark of Chilo's are very large spinnerettes.
Maybe if you can get a top view of the spider and a rear view, some other more experienced can do a possible* id.

edit:woops, didnt notice how small it was(qurter in the background),
when it gets bigger it should start showing some more adult coloration...

Last edited:

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Although you've put a lot of efford in making a nice cage for T-rex, I'd suggest putting it in a smaller enclosure, so it can find food more easily, I believe the minimum cage sizes are about 2x2,5 times the leg span of the spider, your cage is like 100x100 :)
But if it eats ok and doesn't look stressed I'd say keep the enclosure as it is. (it is beautiful :) )
greetz,
Joost