I got jacked

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:mad: I can't believe this. I work as a costodian at a middle school and I have my own hopper room ( just a room to keep my broom, mops,whatnot). I decided to bring a baby (unsure of instar) H.try. He was in a little delicup and did fine in the 85+degree temp. Today the delicup is gone along with my scorp. Another janitor must of used my room because thing aren't the way I left them. Ughh I just can't go around asking who took my scorpion either.:mad: :(

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
don't ask who took my scorp. calmly ask who used the closet, and specifically what did they do with the bug you were removeing from the childrens play area.:eek: only a suggestion, then explain you were turning it over to a friend, an etomologist ( god i hope i spelled that right), to identify it in case there was a problem.

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm sorry to hear that; intrusive a**holes can be a drag.:wall:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know i'm gonna hear about this tommorow. Ugh i hate this job. Love the paycheck. BUT HATE THE JOB

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe someone threw it away by mistake or misplaced it. I doubt a layperson would recognize it for what it is, hell, most people hate scorps... More likely a mishap than a theft imo.

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey

try checking inside the trash. just be cautious nobody's looking. the janitor might have thought it's just a piece of junk.

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How inconsiderate and rude.....people amaze me, what is the motive? A scorpion doesnt just appear in a deli cup without thought and reason behind it, to which this unthinking person intervened....sick, simply sick!

8ball

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if it had a lid on it he probably either threw it away or dumped all the stuff out without lookin and used it for somethin else

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nah the assistant manager found it gave it back and told me it was illegal to keep it there. I don't see why he would do that I have it safely put away and I'm the only person that ever uses that stupid hopper room. I even had it hidden so he was just looking for a reason to site me. 2 more and I won't pass my provation period. He doesn't like me very much.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well,

to be honest, maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to do to bring a scorpion to your work. :confused:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I get lonely :(..... Techniqly I shouldnt have but he shouldn't have been looking.

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I never bring my Scorps outside of my home unless I absolutely have to. There is really no need to bring him to work, it just puts undue stress on the poor animal.

I don't see a problem with keeping him there if it is to be his permanent home, and if you explained that he is a completely harmless species, they will understand. Most middle schools keep class pets like rats or something, which are 100x more dangerous than a H. troglodytes.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I did have him there to be permanantly there. It's always hot in there and all i was doing is bringing a cricket from home every once in a while. I even had a little mini set up there for him....:(

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, if you have a pet on someone's property other than your own, this is a risk you will always run. I think your boss definitely misunderstands scorpions, but do you really want your pet to be somewhere where everyone thinks a harmless H. troglodytes is an evil killer? I would just take him home with me, he will be safer there anyway.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well Yeah i took him home anyways. The thing about the whole situation is that he was out of public eyes. Oh well I guess I'll just bring my Python :D

LF[Media]

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What kinda Python you have? I love Pythons as well :) I have a burm and just fed him today :D

blueheat

Arachnopeon
Seriously, just don't bring animals to work! Not only is it a bit weird, but it sounds unduly stressful to the animal in question, and you run the risk of something like this happening again. Very odd.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well i hardly think the scorp was in any major stress but WEIRD??? yeah your right.