I got BUSTED.....

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Damian, love the story! Keep us posted! My other half hated them at first and about a month ago she peeked in one of the blue fang cages and said "ohhh, she is cute!"

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Am I the only one who thinks this saga isn't over? Someone being passive-aggressive can be a lot worse than just have the fight and getting it out of the way.

I'm glad my wife loves my T's! Not as much as she loves her frogs though, nothing like a new frog to grease the "New T's" wheels.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Where in the heck were you hiding them that she didn't find them sooner??
How did you manage to hide them?
I'm wondering the same thing...

Though my wife doesn't appreciate my 40ish Ts as much as I do she still kinda likes them. Then again, I had T's when I met her so it was pretty much a package deal. On the other hand when I buy more and spend larger sums of money on them she is never too pleased. Share the T's hide the expenses {D

flyguycolorado

Arachnopeon
My Mrs is warming to my spiders. She hated the idea to start with, but now she quite likes them. She's even given a couple of them names! :rolleyes:

* why do they name them for us my girl thinks that all the versi need really GIRLY names, she went w/ a rainbowbrite theme. one is named Rainbow brite, the others names are Starlight "the hourse" and the other is Skydancer. It bothers me but anything to get her more into it. :cool:

Last edited:

JamieC

Arachnopeon
[QUOTE
* why do they name them for us my girl thinks that all the versi need really GIRLY names, she went w/ a rainbowbright theme. one is named Rainbow brite, the others names are Starlight "the hourse" and the other is Skydancer. It bothers me but anything to get her more into it. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it! Although some of her names for them are pretty cool. A couple of my favourites, "Trix" and "Lynx" (A.minatrix)

She can call them what she likes if it means she's happy for me to keep them. :)

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:( why do I have the opposit problem? my guy isn't that into tarantulas....but he's an awesome person....

If he was hiding tarantulas I would be so happy....
but...
I need to convince him to like them better...he says 'a waste of mony'...
but I tell him 'well the phone you paid 500$ for is a waste of money, when a 70$ phone works just as good...' ... then he gives in and says 'yeah you're right' lol

aha...
We will work it out somehow.

Crysta

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My fiance is fine with them, she hated them at first but now she thinks they are cute. She just doesn't like all the money I spend on it, but she requires that she is able to name them all. It is a good trade since she names them all anime names usually. :cool:

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
The more I read and hear stories like this the more I love my darling wife who...asks about them , listens when I go on about them, Encourages me to purchase a new one from time to time and never argues or fusses about the T's I want to get! I love her.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why cant I find a woman that like my critters?! Dang! :rolleyes:
Y'all are all lucky.. {D

My ex didnt mind the T's.. She said I can have as many of them as I want..
But when I came home with a 5.5' Boa.. She told me it was her or the snake.. {D

Speaking of the snake.. She is such a sweetie! But she somehow found a was to escape.. I had to knock a hole in the wall to get her out.. {D Problem solved now! :D Oh that reminds me.. I need to go put her new basking bulb in.. It blew out last night.. {D

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:?I really don't understand why she'd care about you keeping T's in your classroom. Really, I don't. Does she hang out in there a lot or something?

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i totally know how you feal on the "walking on eggshells "part . they sure are easy to hide , when their small lol ........i started with one then one turned into 2 then 20 , then i got addicted and cant stop,and they divided and multiplyed

some people like piccosso , me ,i like god , because he created the most beuatiful masterpieces in mother nature

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I keep my Ts in my classroom. I had to bring them home for about 3 weeks in July because I was switching schools. They are settled in the new room now.
It was really more about the money than it was about the tarantulas. My wife knew I was an animal lover when she met me. It really is not that big a deal. She actually warming up to the idea of me breeding them though.

P.S. You will notice, though, that no one said anything about the marriage being safe, everyone was glad I got to keep the Ts. So, you see, we are all of the same mind.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Paul, Well then- here's hoping that everything goes okay, for you, the marriage, and the t's :D

Terry

US Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well I think thats quite stupid, Anyone that would leave me over buying tarantulas or even without her knowledge is Simply not worth my time and energy and are a complete joke, Actually lol I gotta laugh to my self, When me and my woman got together I lived about 3 hours away from her and told her that IF She buys me a Female G. pulchra (Brazilian Black) then I will move down there for her, to the town she was living in, She bought one for me and we have been together for about 2.5 to 3 years, She buys me spiders for my birthday and christmas an things. But if I was ever with someone that threatened to leave me over my precious Spiders, I would have said "Good bye" to in a blink of an eye. I dont play when it comes to my spiders lol, Thats my outlook on it!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P.S. You will notice, though, that no one said anything about the marriage being safe, everyone was glad I got to keep the Ts. So, you see, we are all of the same mind.
I did to... See... :p

That is awesome! Congrats on still being married.. Since she now knows about them & is asking about them.. Get ready for the collection to grow..

Hopefully she will become intrested in them like we all are.. :D

thumpersalley

Roach Lovers Mom
Old Timer
It would be a cold day in **** when my husband told me what to do about anything especially my critters & the same for me to him. We dont have that kind of relationship. :embarrassed:

He does R/C cars, hes state champ right now. Hes very into it. Comps several times a month & working on them every night. Although it gets in the way of us doing things sometimes, I would never get upset at him for having them, just like he wouldnt be upset with me & the Ts. He already has a Mom, he doesnt need another one.

I just dont see where a woman or man has the right to be upset about the other wanting something. It has nothing to do with them.

Im also ok with him going to the "mens" clubs on the rare ocassion that he goes with his buddies, lol. {D

Kim

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why cant I find a woman that like my critters?! Dang! :rolleyes:
Y'all are all lucky.. {D
When I first met my wife neither of us were into arachnids - but we both were into reptiles. About the time I was getting interested in tarantulas she was getting involved with spiders. At the recent American Tarantula Society conference she was one of the lecturers, and she picked out some of the species of tarantulas I traded baby Ts for. As I type this she's in the next room trying to photograph a solpugid she caught last night. Our next planned "field trip" will be to a site where she found a banded form of the centipede Scolopendra heros arizonensis. When she recently found a few wandering baby Holotheles in the hallway, she thought it was cool. And she's become tolerant of Loxosceles spiders (brown recluse types) that turn up in the house. When I read here about people who have to sneak spiders into the house and worry about their spouses/parents/roommates going ballistic, I feel pretty lucky.