I got bit!

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
10 minutes ago I was holding my 3.5 inch a.metallica and her left fang pierced my left wrist.
She did it on accident.:p

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Plese post a bite report. It is in the section called... bite reports.

I take it you will probably survive the attack?

LucioArgento211

Arachnopeon
I took a dry bite from my 3" Avic avic yesterday. She was running down my arm and went to go over to the underside of my hand a bit too quickly, and began to fall. She was definitely hanging on with her fangs lol but not hard. Just punctured the skin, no blood, basically a scratch. I've never recieved a real bite, and I hope I never will haha

Good luck with your bite, I'd take half a benadryl for good measure lol

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
I took a dry bite from my 3" Avic avic yesterday. She was running down my arm and went to go over to the underside of my hand a bit too quickly, and began to fall. She was definitely hanging on with her fangs lol but not hard. Just punctured the skin, no blood, basically a scratch. I've never recieved a real bite, and I hope I never will haha

Good luck with your bite, I'd take half a benadryl for good measure lol
I'm assuming it was an accident because it was kinda like scratch me skitzing about.I count it as a bite it was itchy for 5 minutes then ended.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
And people talk about their spiders adapting to handling:)

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is why I am against handling my T's not because I am afraid of getting bit, but because I respect them for their venom. Even if you will not die from a T.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lol thats why im a proud owner of no OW right now :D
Thats for the better I think. Im not saying that implying that OW Ts will end up tagging you. Responsible people can own OW Ts with no problem, and a far less chance of being tagged.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's cute. They are so sweet. Sometimes I let mine bite and munch for a bit if the are hungry. :) Tee Hee!

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Forgive me for the noobness... whats and OW? Besides the sound you make and feel when bit...

S

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Old World?

If so... yup not gonna be fun. I have an H.Maculata (About 4.5 Inches) and the OBT. Also being in SA, we have a lot of the Horned baboon T's here, and apparently also pack a nasty punch...

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
Forgive me for the noobness... whats and OW? Besides the sound you make and feel when bit...

S
It stands for old world: Ts found outside the Americas. They are typically more defensive with higher tendency to bite, also typically more potent venom. :)

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
Old World?

If so... yup not gonna be fun. I have an H.Maculata (About 4.5 Inches) and the OBT. Also being in SA, we have a lot of the Horned baboon T's here, and apparently also pack a nasty punch...
You beat me to it...:D

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Like an climber with their ice axe:

Climber: "Oh crap, I'm falling!" *Digs ice axe into ice wall*

Tarantula: "Oh crap, I'm falling!" *Digs fang into owner's flesh*