I got a pair of marbled scorpions! Any tips?

ThatOneGuyInAus

Arachnopeon
Hey, just got a pair of marbled scorpions. They came in excellent condition and I even got 16 crickets and a coupon for 10% off next time. So I was wondering, Do you have any care tips?

Cricket care advice would also be appreciated. Note that I HAVE researched before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
Last edited:

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Cricket care advice would also be appreciated.
Depends on what species of cricket you got.
Most like it dry and well ventilated, 20-30°C will do.
Keep em at 20-22°C to keep the cricket noise down, bring it up to 24-27°C if you want to bread them.
They need drinking water and a place to hide.
Crickets easily drown in their drinking water, use pebbles to give them a chance to climb out.
If feed mine dry pellets of rabbit food and cat food.
Keep em well fed, crickets will eat each other when available food gets low, especially freshly molted crickets are often eaten by others.
You can feed them fresh vegetables although that is more hassle since that food goes bad quickly.
I use vermiculite substrate, it keeps the cricket smell down to a very acceptable level.
If for some reason the substrate becomes moist, the smell immediately increases 5x, so inspect regularly.
I use empty TP rolls as hides, replace them with new ones after 10-14 days when those get covered by cricket droppings.
Many people use egg cartons as hides, works just as well. Use what you can find and is easily replaced by a clean batch.
If you bread them then there will come a time that you have far too many crickets, look for someone in the neighborhood with a bearded dragon as a pet to off load your excess.
Enjoy...