I got a package today!!!

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:D Well to my suprise I opened the box I was expecting and see not one, but TWO vials filled with slings. One I was expecting the other was a complete suprise.

Here's what I found inside the ol' box.
Expected: What a cutie, even my wife is like AWWEEE :D

Suprise: :eek:

Now here's the problem...both were packed in their viles with moist paper towels.

My expected, a A.versicolor was no prob. to change the towels out...new moist ones to replace the ones shipped with.

But my suprise, labelled "Usambara", well, I was wary, he is small and probably no problem. But when I got the towel out, he bolted, into the bathtub where I was changing him. Well I had a cup ready to "trap" him if he did so...but as I placed cup over him he made a sudden change of direction and caught a leg...it came off instantly...

I cussed very loudly...and gave a look at the leg and spidey...Looked like a clean break right at his carpace. His full leg, he slowed down quite a bit, go figure. But I feel so bad...it doesn't look like he is "bleeding" I am just worried.

I just hope if he makes it, I can handle him, I am a beginner and he definetely isn't a beginner species.

I need tips about him. Not my A.versicolor, but the Pterinochilus sp. he is not very large...as you can see...but do I have to worry about a painful bite at this size?

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just hope if he makes it, I can handle him, I am a beginner and he definetely isn't a beginner species.
he should be fine, ive had several slings lose a leg with no problems. it'll grow back in a molt or two. (about 2 months with small obts)
you wont have any problems with him at that size. mine didnt get the classic usumbara attitude till around 2.5-3". now they are all around 4" and have become quite the handful.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by AllenG
:D Well to my suprise I opened the box I was expecting and see not one, but TWO vials filled with slings. One I was expecting the other was a complete suprise.

Here's what I found inside the ol' box.
Expected: What a cutie, even my wife is like AWWEEE :D

Suprise: :eek:

Now here's the problem...both were packed in their viles with moist paper towels.

My expected, a A.versicolor was no prob. to change the towels out...new moist ones to replace the ones shipped with.
You don't need moist paper towels to keep your avi. Just fill
it with more substrate (I use peat moss) and put in a small silk leaf or silk flower from an arts and crafts store. Your avi will enjoy building his/her new retreat and it will look justa as lovely. :)

Be sure to spritz it every so often as that will do your more good and less harm than having a moist paper towel go moldy.

Wysi
Wysi

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, it is only a temp action, I am off to the hobby store right now to pick up some stuff...:D

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
We have a Orange Usambra Baboon and there not called Pterrors for nothing. ours will bite if you try to come close to her. We have a mature female. Congrats on them though we are getting a A.Versicolor and a Brazillian pink Salmon on the 1st of July

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool

I'm getting 2 versicolor,and 1 A avic sling tomorrow. I can't wait I got there homes all ready.All I need is them.